Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
tigger137
"Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave ..."

OBB Preparation

Thanks to information and advice provided by people on the DISboards I recently successfully 're-shopped' a reservation whilst onboard, saving some money and gaining some OBC.

However, my own advice to anyone planning to do this is to make sure you have correct and up-to-date cost information with you otherwise you may not get the best deal.

I booked a Southern Caribbean cruise on opening day direct with DCL online. I kept checking prices right up until the day before our recent cruise and the price had increased slightly. I took details of that price with me when I visited the Future Cruise desk and am very glad that I did. The CM at the desk was very helpful; he made a new reservation for us, then swapped the rooms so we stayed in the same one, and noted our TA on the reservation; then cancelled the original reservation. BUT he quoted me 2 different (higher) prices before I got the one which I had seen online only the day before.

The first price he quoted was far higher, obvious to me even without checking my notes that it was too high; it was about $500 more than our original price and that was supposedly with the 10% discount. The second price was still too high but if I hadn't checked prices and made a note of them, I might have been caught, thinking it was due to price increases since opening day.

When he quoted the second price I checked my notes and told him the exact figure I had seen online the day before. Which he then matched, then deducted the 10% discount, and I only paid a 10% deposit. (My original 20% deposit was refunded to my credit card.)

I don't know what the problem was and, as I said before, the CM was extremely helpful. But I just wanted to warn anyone planning to 're-shop' or, indeed, make any onboard booking, to do some research beforehand and have the figures with you to make sure that you do get the best deal.
tigger137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger137 View Post
Thanks to information and advice provided by people on the DISboards I recently successfully 're-shopped' a reservation whilst onboard, saving some money and gaining some OBC.

However, my own advice to anyone planning to do this is to make sure you have correct and up-to-date cost information with you otherwise you may not get the best deal.

I booked a Southern Caribbean cruise on opening day direct with DCL online. I kept checking prices right up until the day before our recent cruise and the price had increased slightly. I took details of that price with me when I visited the Future Cruise desk and am very glad that I did. The CM at the desk was very helpful; he made a new reservation for us, then swapped the rooms so we stayed in the same one, and noted our TA on the reservation; then cancelled the original reservation. BUT he quoted me 2 different (higher) prices before I got the one which I had seen online only the day before.

The first price he quoted was far higher, obvious to me even without checking my notes that it was too high; it was about $500 more than our original price and that was supposedly with the 10% discount. The second price was still too high but if I hadn't checked prices and made a note of them, I might have been caught, thinking it was due to price increases since opening day.

When he quoted the second price I checked my notes and told him the exact figure I had seen online the day before. Which he then matched, then deducted the 10% discount, and I only paid a 10% deposit. (My original 20% deposit was refunded to my credit card.)

I don't know what the problem was and, as I said before, the CM was extremely helpful. But I just wanted to warn anyone planning to 're-shop' or, indeed, make any onboard booking, to do some research beforehand and have the figures with you to make sure that you do get the best deal.
Isn't that a great feeling?

I've never had that experience where they quote higher prices. Perhaps it was a better category, such as a cat 5A instead of 5C or something like that. I have an experience where the cruise I booked online had gone up so much in just a few weeks that by the time I can get on the ship to reshop it, it's not even worth trying.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: