Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
GaRedHead
Earning My Ears

What do you have in your resort room to eat, drink?

Ok what type of things do you keep in your resort room to eat and drink to save some money? We will be at the Yacht Club in August and I really do plan on having a small pantry in there to help us since we will be OPP on our food. So what do you keep in your room/freg?
GaRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Bottles of water, and whatever snacks and things we have left from the drive down. However, we have found that we don't eat many of the snacks, so we don't bring as much anymore.

Fwiw, we have stuff to make sandwiches (usually lunchmeat, cheese and mayo), pb & jelly, crackers, granola bars, and maybe pop tarts. We bring fruit but only enough for the drive down so it doesn't go bad.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Wine We pack breakfast things, bagels are easy to throw in suitcases, the packets of instant oatmeal, granola bars. You can buy cream cheese from the Marketplace. Or pack a small jar of peanut butter.

We only have breakfast in our room.

I guess what you can bring depends on if you will have a car to grocery shop. If I have a car my arrival day I also get fruit, yogurt and OJ.
If I don't have a car, I just bring things easily packed in my suitcase.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside

Last edited by Sue M; 03-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Bottled water, instant oatmeal, cereal, milk, cheese, crackers, bread and pb and jelly.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
wendow
DIS Veteran

On our last trip, we shipped some items from Walmart.com like bottled water, granola bars, Pringles, oreos, baby formula and almond milk. From home we brought bagels, homemade breakfast breads and muffins, loaf of bread, crackers, jar of pb, packets of mustard, mayo and honey. From the resort store, we bought milk, eggs, lunch meat, cheese and a box of cereal.

We probably wouldn't have taken quite so much except that one of my ds's has a milk allergy and it can be hard to find breads, bagels, muffins, etc that are milk free. Even snacks are hard sometimes. So, we traveled with quite a bit of food for him. But it was great cause we do love to snack. We went home with very little left.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
LSUDis
DIS Veteran

I take Dr. Pepper/diet Dr. Pepper because the parks/resorts don't carry them.
2003-CR, 2004-CBR and CR, May/June 2005--CR and POR, July 2006-CBR and Beach Club, December 2006--Wilderness Lodge, May/June 2007--CRTower and AKL, Nov. 2007--AllStar Sports, June 2008--Pop Century and AllStar Movies, December 2009--Wilderness Lodge, July 2010--CBR, Nov. 2010--Pop Century, May/June 2011--Pop Century, May/June 2012--Allstar Sports, May/June 2013--Pop

LSUDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Water, Pringles, bananas, grapes, cheese cubes, uncrustables, baby carrots, and Diet Coke.

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Case of water, quart of OJ, half gallon of milk, cans of Coke and Sprite, case of beer, bottle of wine, bagels, cream cheese, cereal, grapes, cheese, crackers, chips, coffee, tea bags, sugar.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

We use Garden Grocer for a case of water, instant oatmeal, dry salami, turkey lunchmeat, bread, chocolate milk, cashews, chips and dip. Oh yeah and juice boxes!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

We fly so we can't take perishables. I always take an extra suitcase for souvenirs so I take stuff in that suitcase, such as cereal, we buy milk at the resort, some disposable bowls and spoons, pb crackers, cheese-its, and that type of stuff, creamora b/c they never give you enough in those little packets for coffee making in your room, things that are good for snacks after the parks at night. We don't like eating heavy at night before bed so a small bowl of cereal hits the spot. Oh, and I take the individual iced tea packs that you add to water. We try not to drink much caffeine and since I get caffeine-free packets it works out well. I keep some in my purse for use in the parks or at restaurants. My Dh and I can have a little caffeine but definitely not after 4 pm. I don't do sugar, so find me a flavored drink that has no sugar or caffeine ! Very hard to find when you're out.

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
DisneyBum303
Mouseketeer

A jug of milk from the gift shop and chocolate syrup I bring from home. Not so much to save money, but because premixed chocolate milk doesn't work for me. Too thick. Chocolate milk is to my morning routine what coffee is to most other people I also pack a week's worth of solo cups and plastic spoons. Some things you just can't live without!!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:04 AM   #12
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

When we take Amtrak, car service provides a 30 minute grocery stop and we load up on lunch meats, cheeses, rolls ( sandwich makings for a week)... Pop, beer, wine, alcohol, chips, snacks, OJ,.... Basically anything to make our trip as pleading as being home... We break from the parks every afternoon and enjoy sandwiches and chips at the pool with adult beverages ....

After a day of restaurant food, I prefer a good old home made salami and cheese sandwich on Italian bread or a roll ... Better than any steak dinner on property (no dining plans for us)

We can easily share a QS breakfast platter and a hamburger for dinner is enough for us ( we've never been meat and potato and vegetable people for dinner people)...

With our grocery purchases, a 7 day trip will run the 2 of us adults 200.00 for the whole time ... Foodies we are not...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

We fly so its hard to bring a lot with us... We tried shipping food to the resort a few times but found we just ended up wasting a lot of it. So basically we for go bringing drinks b/c we have the refillable mugs and then we typically bring breakfast items like the small one serving boxes of cereal, bagels and fruit bars. Snack wise we'll bring cookies and chips and stuff like that to have to munch on at the pool or before bed.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #14
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

We drive so we pack a bag with lots of snacks and drinks, these are some of the things we like to keep handy in the room to eat or snack on during our vacation.

Case of water
Case of cokes or canned beverages
Cranberry juice/orange juice/V8 juice (individual bottles)
Shelf stable soy milk
Box of cereal
Granola
Peanuts or mixed nuts
Pretzels
Animal Craclers
Savory Crackers
Cookies
Tortilla chips
Salsa
Instant Oatmeal that comes in a microwaveable container (run water through the coffee pot to make this or go to the microwave in the hotel, whichever you prefer).
Bread
Ham or Trukey (for sandwiches)
Mustard/Mayo
Hard Cheese (blocks)
Bagels
Cream Cheese
Snack cakes

Keep in mind we don't take all of this every time, but these are general things we take to have in the room in case we want them. Since we drive anything we don't use we just take it back home with us.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
EmilyJ517
Mouseketeer

We are DVC, usually in a 1bdrm so we order from gardengrocer.com and usually get

Chocolate Milk
Bottled water
Bread
PB & Jelly
Butter
Bagels
Goldfish
chips/salsa
fruit snacks
strawberries/apples
yogurt
Coke Zero
Ziplock baggies
Paper Plates
Diapers/Wipes

We've tried buying more to cook in the room but honestly i don't enjoy cooking on vacation and we'd rather go out so I don't waste the food or money.

Our next trip: A LAND and SEA Adventure!

EmilyJ517 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: