Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
BooToYou7
Earning My Ears

Two-top tables in the MDR?

My husband and I (just us, no kids) are going on the Fantasy in May for our 5 year wedding anniversary. I know in other cruise lines two-top tables are hard to come by for main dining. I am assuming that is true with Disney as well. So, is the likelihood that we'll be sat with other people at dinner? I don't care either way, I just want to know what to expect. Thank you for any guidance!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Funny you should post this as I have a similar question for next April 2014...there will be only 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 children...wondering if we will be seated with others of same breakdown...

noahdove is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
castmbr
DIS Veteran

DD 24 and I were just on the Dream and had requested to be seated alone. We had a four top with 3 chairs all to ourselves.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
queenofeverything
Mouseketeer

I don't think there are any two top tables. However, you could be at a four top with just the two of you, depending on how full the ship is.
queenofeverything is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

There are no 2-tops on the Fantasy in the MDR. You may get lucky and be seated by yourselves at a 4-top. Have your TA make a request for this, but don't be surprised if they can't accommodate you.

Please don't despair about being seated with others. It can be a really fun thing. My wife and I often cruise alone and we love being at a table with others. Its great to share/compare experiences.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
jenpink
Mouseketeer

We have been on three disney cruises and have never been seated with others. We have been in groups of 2, 3 and 6. I don't know if we are lucky or are putting out some kind of recluse vibe Most recently my daughter and I had a table to ourselves on the Fantasy. It is possible, make a request if that is what you really want.
jenpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
clten
DIS Veteran

If you want just a table for the two of you (it would be at a 4-top as there are no 2-tops on any of the DCL ships), you have a better chance if you are at late dining. But regardless of your dining time, put the request into your reservation. Once you are onboard, you can go to the location for dining changes and check to see if you got your request. If you didn't (depending on who put the request in the reservation, we find that sometimes they are not in a place that the Dining Mgrs see), ask if they could do it for you then. We have never asked for a table for just us (we enjoy dining with new people) but about 1/3 of the time, we get a table for just us and we always have late dining.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

On our last cruise we had the most boring table mates of any cruise we were on - my family!!!! This was the first time in 12 cruises where we were seated with just ourselves. On our upcoming wbpc cruise, if its just us at a table, I will be looking to join up with another family/group I know what my family did for the day, I enjoy visiting with our new cruise friends to hear about their adventures.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooToYou7 View Post
My husband and I (just us, no kids) are going on the Fantasy in May for our 5 year wedding anniversary. I know in other cruise lines two-top tables are hard to come by for main dining. I am assuming that is true with Disney as well. So, is the likelihood that we'll be sat with other people at dinner? I don't care either way, I just want to know what to expect. Thank you for any guidance!
My husband and I just took a cruise for our anniversary without the kids. When we cruise with the kids we always get our own table since it is 4 of us. I was afraid we would have trouble this time since it was just two of us (no 2 top tables on the ship) and we had main seating (the most popular).

I called Disney and told them that we would like a table to ourselves. I also had our account noted that it was our anniversary. You can do that on the Disney website if you booked straight through Disney. I was hoping that would help our chances of getting our own table.

Our first night they sat us at a 4 top table. We asked our server if anyone would be joining us and he said no. We were SO happy!!! We did get a table to ourselves!!

Be sure to note your account that you are celebrating an anniversary to help your chances of getting a table and for a surprise. Your servers will do a little something special for you one night at dinner

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
lorimay
DIS Veteran

On our last 2 cruises we requested and received a table for just the 2 of us.
It was a 4 top both times.

Just booked for May and requested our own table again.
Hopefully Disney will once again honor the request.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: