DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
nkosiek
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 187

What does an Agent mean???

Am trying to buy into DVC via resale and was given the following quote from an agent about a listing, "has a pending offer on the property currently."

Does that mean they are signing a contract or that the offer is at Disney? I would think that having multiple offers would be good and that they'd let me send in an offer on said listing but they didn't. Help me understand.
nkosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...
 
JimMIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)
Posts: 11,213

Generally that wording means someone has made a offer, but the seller has not responded.

The process is offer, acceptance by the seller, and then a contract with deposit is executed. At that point, the contract is submitted to Disney for ROFR. If Disney waives ROFR, the balance due is submitted to an escrow account by the purchaser, closing documents are executed by the seller and buyer, and when everything is in order, the transaction is closed.

It's the same process you'd use buying a home, with the exception of ROFR.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
nkosiek
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 187

Okay, that's what I thought. Wouldn't it behove a company to take the second offer and forward it on to the seller though? Suppose my offer is higher than the first? Doesn't the possibility of a bidding war help both seller and agent? I'm a bit frustrated by what appears to be the lackadaisical attitude of this particular agency.
nkosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...
 
JimMIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)
Posts: 11,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosiek View Post
Okay, that's what I thought. Wouldn't it behove a company to take the second offer and forward it on to the seller though? Suppose my offer is higher than the first? Doesn't the possibility of a bidding war help both seller and agent? I'm a bit frustrated by what appears to be the lackadaisical attitude of this particular agency.
It's not supposed to be about the company -- taking multiple offers benefits both the seller and prospective buyers...and a broker has legal and ethical responsibilities to both.

Without knowing the particulars of what you were offering, it's hard to say, though.
IF the pending offer is already higher than what you were going to offer, there wouldn't be much point in submitting it.

If the agent is lackadaisical NOW -- when they are trying to get your money -- I'd be very concerned about how they will be later. If you're not happy with the service you're getting, I'd move on.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
wordwitt
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 309

It's standard contract law

Basically, what probably happened is the seller listed the contract at a certain price. Then a buyer made an offer-- at what price you don't know. The seller then accepted the offer. This means they have a deal, and a backup offer is only relevant if that deal falls through. It is not the time to continue a bidding war. Presumably, if the seller thought the original offer was too low then the seller could have chosen to not accept the offer and to see what other offers might come in.

When I called to put an offer on a contract, I told the broker I wanted to make a full price offer and he said, "Good, because I have four other offers that aren't full price on this one already." Clearly, in that instance, the seller was holding out for something better. Had the seller accepted one of the earlier offers, I would have been out of luck despite my willingness to pay full price. Again, once there's been an offer and acceptance, there is a deal, and the broker is respecting that deal. Which is how it should be.
wordwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,714

I am new to buying resale. But, this is what I was told when I made my offer at full price. He said that since I offered the full price he would write sale pending on the listing. If, I had offered less he would not have written that and other people in his office could have taken offers. In essence, he said he would email or call the seller with my offer and once they signed the papers it would go to Disney. If I were to have offered less than asking price he would present my offer to the sellers, but in the meantime, they could be presented with other offers as well.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.