Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Wink 3 trips in 40 days: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare! [4/21/13]

hello everyone.

this is my first "official" trip report with my visits to disney. i am taking 3 trips in 40 days with each experience being vastly different from the other. thanks everyone in advance for reading along & sharing my experience.

...first with the formalities.

my name is patty & i work as a school nurse & also do freelance photography in my spare time. i am a single mother to an amazing little girl named emme. my DD is three years old & the love of my life. disney is such an awesome place to spend quality time with my daughter.

speaking of my DD, this is emme.

emme's favorite princess is ariel. she loves all things disney & is fearless. she rides goofy's barnstormer (the second fastest ride in magic kingdom) with no fear. she also hates to be photographed by me as i've taken countless photos of her since birth. she looks away from the camera on purpose.

after cruising concierge on the fantasy in january, i am experiencing disney withdrawals & have scheduled 3 trips in the next 40 days. it's kind of a crazy idea to plan 3 trips in such a short period of time but so far, we have had a total blast!

i'm going to combine my dining reviews with this trip report as well.

TRIP 1: 3.2.13 - 3.3.13

3/2/13: attending the "Beats, Brew & BBQ" event at seaworld as Hall & Oates will be having a concert @ 4pm. i mean really, who can deny the power of the mustache of john oates?! plus, i'm a glutton for 80's music & craft beer. we won't be visiting the parks this weekend as we're headed to the parks next thursday!

DINNER: 'OHANA

3/3/13:

BREAKFAST:
CAPE MAY CAFE [so emme can have her disney fix]

TRIP 2: 3.7.13 - 3.10.13

my mom, DD emme, & me on board the fantasy. dad (not pictured)

i am surprising my parents & daughter with a trip to disney. we will be staying at the 2 BR presidential suite/condo, tower 6 at the wydham bonnet creek. i'm also very excited to be taking my mother as she is an avid gardener & will really enjoy the flower festival @ epcot.

i'm still finalizing our ADR's but i can't wait to try all the food booths & drinks & experience disney with my parents & daughter. my parents took me to disney for the first time when i was 10 & now i am returning the favor.

Day 1: Arrival Night [March 7, 2013]

DINNER: Home cooked deliciousness in the condo.

Day 2: Epcot Day [March 8, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Princess Storybook Dining @ Akershus
LUNCH: Snacks at the Flower & Garden Festival
DINNER: Snacks at the Flower & Garden Festival

Day 3: Magic Kingdom Day [March 9, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Condo
LUNCH: Cosmic Rays

Day 4: Departure day [March 10, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Condo
LUNCH: Korea House

TRIP 3: 4.11.13 - 4.15.13

photo courtesy of rachel

this is a special trip planned with fellow disboard member rachel09985. we had such a fantastic time during our dismeet in january that we planned a longer trip together! she also loves photography like me so it will be really interesting to see our pictures from the trip as we both shoot with canon dslr's.

we will be staying at the royal guest room at port orleans & have some fantastic ADR's lined up....a few which will be new to the both of us. it's been really fun planning a trip with someone who loves disney other than my 3 year old. also, we'll be attending the epcot flower festival & will be devouring the food & drinks @ the booths.

our latest adventure planned: monorail "pub" crawl.

we have so many fun things planned!!

here are our confirmed ADR's for this trip:

Day 1: Arrival Afternoon [April 11, 2013]

DINNER: Hollywood Brown Derby

after dinner, we will be attending Fantasmic!

Day 2: Epcot Day [April 12, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare
LUNCH: Snacks at the Flower & Garden Festival

we have also talked about possibly making a pit stop at "TUTTO GUSTO" for a cheese platter or two.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom Day [April 13, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet Breakfast @ The Contemporary
LUNCH: Garden View Tea Room @ The Grand Floridian
DINNER: CS in Magic Kingdom

we also have reservations for the TOMORROWLAND TERRACE DESSERT PARTY as well & participating in our own MONORAIL PUB CRAWL!!

Day 4: Animal Kingdom Day [April 14, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Beignets & coffee @ Port Orleans
LUNCH: Sanaa
DINNER: Flying Fish Cafe

Day 5: Departing day [April 13, 2013]
BREAKFAST: Kona cafe @ The Polynesian
LUNCH: Quite possibly somewhere in Magic Kingdom

happy eating & reading everyone!!

Last edited by emmebear; 04-21-2013 at 03:46 PM.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/17/13

BEATS, BREW & BBQ @ SEAWORLD

i was having dinner with my friend mandy & we were joking around about seeing hall & oates at the ampitheater in st. augustine. tickets were pretty sky high for a concert so i mentioned that hall & oates would be at seaworld for a concert but that there would be craft beer & bbq. we both had seaworld passes & decided that we would make a quick trip down for the weekend.

i'm a huge 80's music fan & who doesn't love hall & oates? i mean seriously, the mustache of john oates has magical powers.

we left early saturday morning & made our way down to orlando. the drive only takes about 2 hours. unfortunately, the weather was a bit on the chilly side.

emme enjoying some pancakes.

we stay offsite at the westgate resorts. it was only for one night & i got a super great rate off of hotwire. after checking in & taking our things to the room, we headed for seaworld.

compared to the hustle & bustle of magic kingdom, sea world is such a laid back place. i have an AP but never spent more than half an afternoon there. i was pretty excited to explore with mandy & emme.

check out the mustache!

flamingos.

we headed over to the aquarium. emme loves aquariums. the georgia aquarium is one of our favorites & the aquarium at "the seas" in epcot is pretty fantastic as well.

hello.

the anenome was missing nemo.

i thought this starfish was very beautiful.

it was a chilly day at seaworld. the weather was in the upper 40's & very windy. not very florida-ish weather.

glasses at turtle trek.

it was getting close to concert time & it was getting windier. emme decided it was the perfect time to fall asleep. shamu stadium was packed at 3:45 and the concert started at 4:30.

we found a seat to the right of the stage. the show started promptly at 430. much to my dismay, the mustache of john oates was gone. BOOO!

they played all their biggest hits & did 3 encores. they had what seemed to be a 12 minute rendition of "i can't go for that" which i thought was fantastic. i have videos that i can post. i didn't get to take much pictures as emme was passed out on my lap.

passed out emme.

almost towards the end of the concert, she did wake up.

overall, it was a fantastic concert. they sound exactly like they did in the 80's & on cd. mandy & i still chuckle as this was by far the tamest concert/event we've been too. two thumbs up!

after the concert, mandy wanted to ride the manta again. emme & i played some games.

best part of this game? you pay $3 and win, everytime.

i didn't eat any of the bbq as most of the bbq offered were from chain restaurants. it's not what i expected as i was hoping for local bbq with smokers. that was not the case. i was very disappointed.

after being chilled to the bone, we headed back to the condo for a little r&r as we prepared for dinner at....

but first, here are some photos of emme i took this morning before church.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Aww Emme does look chilly! That pink dress is soooo adorable! She is such a girly girl and I love it so much. Excited to see more non food pictures from your trips!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Aww Emme does look chilly! That pink dress is soooo adorable! She is such a girly girl and I love it so much. Excited to see more non food pictures from your trips!!!
so many pictures, so little time!!

she loves her "princess dresses".
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Love your TR....your pictures are wonderful!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Love your TR....your pictures are wonderful!

thank you!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Geez that is super nice!!!! Ok we can stay there next time as much as I would miss staying on actual property it would be nice to have something so big.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

We got our magical box from the Disney store & now emme is officially ready for our trip! We leave in 8 short days.

Will be updating soon from our family trip with the grandparents!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
We got our magical box from the Disney store & now emme is officially ready for our trip! We leave in 8 short days.

Will be updating soon from our family trip with the grandparents!
Oh i just realized the towel had her name on it too!!! Soooo cute!!! We are beach/pool ready!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 4/6/13

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN: 5 DAYS!!

our trip to disney is 5 days away! emme & i are so excited to see rachel & enjoy disney together. i've been so busy with work, editing photos (i was flown out to atlanta for a photography gig last weekend & editing spring photos for clients) and tonight, i'm bartending a fundraising event at our contemporary museum. and with that i cannot wait to finally get down to disney with the only agenda of having FUN!

emme & i had a date night last night & saw "disney on ice: dare to dream". the event had perfect timing & got the both of us so amped for disney.

when we arrived, they told me i couldn't bring my camera & i had to return it to my car. returning to the car was not an option so i waited a few minutes & entered a very long line with people eager to get inside. needless to say, i got my camera in!

we were taken to our seats. we had "dream seats" and were only 2 rows from the ice but there were very tall people sitting in front of us. so, after 5 minutes into the show, emme & i moved to these 4 empty chairs right in the front with no obstructed view. SCORE!

here are some pictures i wanted to share:

and we started with tiana. she was beautiful!

then the story moved to:

the cinderella story was so well done. she even had a sparkling boot for her glass slipper. this prince was so much better than the prince that was 1900 park fare.

and this story stole the show:

the lights!

and for the finale, we were surprised with so many disney princesses dressed in gorgeous dresses!

ariel was there too but i didn't get a decent picture.

and finally:

we had such a wonderful experience. this production was leaps & bounds better than toy story on ice. all the princesses were beautiful & there was so much thought that went into this show. i highly recommend it!

5 days & counting until we stuff our faces...again!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 4/7/13

PRINCESS STORYBOOK DINING @ AKERSHUS

after a rough night of sleep, we were all running late for breakfast @ akershus. both my mom & emme were sick & my dad forgot to bring his insulin. needless to say, we were super late getting to our ADR. it's not how i envisioned starting our disney trip together but we finally made it at 11am. i know the rush in getting to epcot really affected our moods & i felt bad for my parents as they were trying to keep up with me & a jogging stroller.

we didn't have to wait very long & i then realized that there were other people eating after us...so we weren't too late.

i've never seen this belle before. she wasn't the friendliest of belle's & you can tell from emme's face that she totally wasn't feeling it.

onwards to my date with some cheesy potatoes...

i think overall, it was a hectic day at akershus. our CM was definitely frazzled & looked tired. it was the end of the breakfast rush so i understood. she took our drink orders and we all hit the cold buffet.

this would be my dad's plate. you can clearly see he's white carb deprived at home as he chose a bagel out of all the things he could have eaten. he also kind of hid his croissant behind his salmon so my mom couldn't "see" it.

and the princess processional started.

she was a very pretty cinderella.

after the processional (we had 2 during our meal), the CM brings over the food, which is served family style.

and then emme's friends came by to say hello.

ariel & a non-caring emme.

so cute!

emme really took to sleeping beauty during this breakfast.

my mom started to crack up when she saw snow white skipping to our table.

last but not least...

between the hustle & bustle of the character interaction & trying to get emme to eat, i didn't get to enjoy the first batch of cheesy potatoes. they were cold when i finally got to them. so i asked the CM if i could have a second order.

and here it is:

CHEESY POTATOES!

the larger chunks of potato were in this batch as well. the potatoes were as good as my last visit. i wanted to devour the entire thing but i could feel my mom's piercing eyes staring at me & thinking, "do you really need to eat that entire portion?!"

so, i settled for half.

speaking of my mom, here are my cute parents. this is their first trip back to disney in 20 years!

they have been married 36 years.

after breakfast was finished, we decided to walk off the breakfast and take a look at all the topiaries around epcot.

but first....

emme loves her papa.

so typically, it's just emme & i on our trips. when i received the bill for akershus (3 adults, 1 infant), i was in total sticker shock. the meal was $134.00 which included a 20% discount ($26.00) & an 18% tip ($22.00). that's a whole bunch of money for some cheesy potatoes. i'm still a bit bitter about the price for breakfast. i know it's a character driven meal but dang, $134.00. i just wasn't mentally prepared for the total.

however, emme loves the princesses & we did get a another of picture of emme & belle (again, emme's not looking at the camera) . but i think i might just give akershus a break for a few months....or until i stop being bitter about the $134.00 bill. HA HA.

up next, FLOWER & GARDEN snacks & drinks![/QUOTE]
Old 04-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Cute pics!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Love to see all the happy memories you have created. Nice to see a family that clearly loves to be together
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #14
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Thanks for the reading along!

I love spending time with my family. Emme wanted to take papa & grandma with us to Disney again.

I saw the story of Duffy at our hotel this weekend. Cute story but dang he's expensive! The build a bear idea is a good one.

I will be starting my trip report for the last leg of this trip tonight. It will be much more in depth and have lots and lots of pictures!

Thanks again for reading along!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #15
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 4/17/13

HELLO PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE!!

finally, after what seemed like forever planning with rachel, we were off to disney. i worked until 2:45 pm, picked up emme & off we went!

the drive is about 2.5 hours & we had some rough patches of traffic. the night before, rachel was worried about her flight being delayed as it was snowing in april. yikes! but, after some smart moves by rachel (she changed flights & flew into chicago first), she actually beat us by 30 minutes.

someone was a wee bit tired from all the excitement of the drive. ha ha.

at about 5:30, we finally made it!

up until this point, i had stayed off property or at values (AOA LM, ASMO, POP) so to be able to stay at a moderate was a bit of a luxury for me. emme & i don't spend much time in our rooms so i never took the plunge for anything but a value. but with the florida resident discount, it was a great deal to split the room with rachel. needless to say, i was really excited to be staying at port orleans.

we booked the royal guest room. i knew emme would enjoy it but deep down inside, the little girl in me was ecstatic to be in this room. i'm not gonna lie...the pictures i've seen online of port orleans was not very flattering for the resort. from what i saw online, the resort looked a bit outdated. i didn't have high hopes for the resort but was exuberant to be in the royal guest room.

we met rachel in the parking lot & it was a happy reunion. emme was so excited to see her. we were in room 9922 on the third floor.

the royal guest room was absolutely beautiful! we had a decent view of the main courtyard despite paying for the standard view.

tiana left a special note for princess emme. she carried this scroll around for the entire day.

this is what the scroll said.

here are some more pictures of the headboard/bed:

the headboard was really fun. if you press a button, fireworks illuminate! it's really pretty and such a nice touch. emme absolutely loved this feature. after being exhausted from the parks, we would get ready to sleep & she would press the buttons & we'd watch the fireworks. it was awesome!

the bed was a queen size bed & leaps and bounds better than the terrible beds at pop century. the pillows were also better than the awful pillows at pop. i wished i had brought my own pillow but after being in the parks all day, i can honestly say that i slept pretty well on these beds.

these are the pictures that were on the wall:

and this was really interesting too:

it was pictures of the princes. that was a nice touch!

i didn't take much more pictures of the room as we had to get ready for our dinner at hollywood brown derby, but i was trying to find the items that the princesses gave tiana for the room.

this was from jasmine:

there was also a magic carpet on the ground as well (i forgot to get a pic).

this was from cinderella:

the shower curtain was from ariel as it had dinglehoppers on it. speaking of showers, i do have one complaint about this room. the bathroom was TINY. it was smaller than the bathrooms in the value hotels. that was the only down side of the room.

here was a pretty chandelier type light fixture. can you spot the hidden mickey?

overall, i was very happy with the room. i love being on the third floor as we got a nice quiet sleep. also, another cool feature is that the flat screen tv pulls out a few inches and the screen could move to the left or right. the room also had a mini fridge that we used to store water, milk, wine, yogurt etc. the perfect setting is 5 as 4 would not be cold enough and 6 froze everything in the fridge.

my tour of the room only lasted for about 30 minutes as we had an ADR at hollywood brown derby.

up next, dinner @ HOLLYWOOD BROWN DERBY!

Last edited by emmebear; 04-18-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: