Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Bridget816
Earning My Ears

Ohana for breakfast or dinner

Would you recommend breakfast or dinner reservations? I know dinner is not a character meal. Which one is more appealing to a 5 year old and 15 month old? Thanks
Bridget816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget816 View Post
Would you recommend breakfast or dinner reservations? I know dinner is not a character meal. Which one is more appealing to a 5 year old and 15 month old? Thanks
We like both breakfast and dinner, but if I had to choose just one, I'd go with breakfast. I think the kids would enjoy the characters .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Bridget816
Earning My Ears

I was thinking breakfast would be more fun for the kids but I was also thinking the food would be better for the hubby and I at dinner
Bridget816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

'Ohana breakfast has always been a favorite of my DSs. We started taking them there when they were 3 and 11 months and they love the character interaction. Stitch is always a lot of fun! The food is good and it's nice to just have it served to you....no need to order or get up for a buffet. We tried 'Ohana dinner once and you couldn't pay me to eat there again. Worst meal I've ever had anywhere. Maybe we hit it on an off-night but I'm not willing to chance it again.

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

The food at dinner was not great, in my opinion. I didnt like it. Slimy wings, dried out poor quality steak, nasty pork, dry noodles & potstickers. Not a fan. I like breakfast so much better. Love the characters....and the food is yummy. your kids would love it!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
disneyag
DIS Veteran

When my kids were small, they LOVED the Ohana breakfast. The characters were so attentive. Dinner would probably be less exciting for your little ones.

June 2013 Poly
June 2011 Poly CL
June 2010 Poly
June 2009 AKL CL
Dec 2007 WL CL
Oct 2006 Poly
June 2006 CR
June 2005 AKL
Oct 2004 WL
June 2004 AKL
June 2002 Poly
Sept. 2001 Poly CL
1999 Poly
1992 BC
1974 Poly
disneyag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If your focus is going to be on the kids, pick the breakfast. If they were a little older, the dinner would have entertainment that would be great for both of them, but an infant won't get much out of the dinner entertainment.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

This thread is certainly making me glad I booked the Ohana breakfast

I heard that the dinner is a must do Disney ADR and it seems like it is another ADR that is tough to get, but being realistic with how my kids eat it would probably be a waste of money for my family. I love that the breakfast is served family style and I know they will eat sausage, eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, and biscuits. They may have reservations about the POG juice and seasoned potatoes, but at least I know they will eat the majority of what is served.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
weinerranchers
Earning My Ears

I LOVE O'hana for dinner. I even got a few of their recipes from them because I thought it was so good. You can request a table by the window to watch the fireworks also. Now, that being said... The kids will like breakfast better. It is a regular menu of eggs and waffles and bacon etc but it is brought to you and the characters are great. We are going there for both dinner and breakfast!!

weinerranchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses
This thread is certainly making me glad I booked the Ohana breakfast

I heard that the dinner is a must do Disney ADR and it seems like it is another ADR that is tough to get, but being realistic with how my kids eat it would probably be a waste of money for my family. I love that the breakfast is served family style and I know they will eat sausage, eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, and biscuits. They may have reservations about the POG juice and seasoned potatoes, but at least I know they will eat the majority of what is served.
Oh the juice is fantastic. I've never come across a kid who didnt like it. Its that good!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Oh the juice is fantastic. I've never come across a kid who didnt like it. Its that good!
The juices at 'Ohana and Tusker House breakfast are worth going to Disney for! I could drink gallons! If your kids didn't like it, I'd be shocked!!!

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
They may have reservations about the POG juice and seasoned potatoes, but at least I know they will eat the majority of what is served.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
My DS is a very finicky eater, even as a teenager, and the POG juice and seasoned potatoes are two of his favourite parts of the meal. goofyintoronto has nailed it on the juice...it really is that good!!

And of course, there's always the Mickey waffles:

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Maybe I'm in the minority, but we did not care for Ohana breakfast. Yes it's all you can eat but the selection is very limited - Mickey waffles, bread, eggs, sausage and bacon. And we did not care for the bread and sausage. And for two of us, it was $50 Additionally, our service was slow and so were the characters. I guess we prefer breakfast buffets where there is more of a selection, or places where you can order off the menu so its not quite as expensive.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

For the Ohana breakfast, are the Mickey waffles always served nice and hot? I am not a fan of cold waffles I ask this because it looks like they are served in a bread basket. As for the bread, what type of bread is it again? Is the bread served warm too?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget816
I was thinking breakfast would be more fun for the kids but I was also thinking the food would be better for the hubby and I at dinner
I agree with you here.
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: