Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

DDP Newbie - seeking advice

Hi All -

I haven't purchased the dining plan yet but am considering it, because I've made a good number of ADRs at places on the plan. So far, I have ressies at:

- Akerhsus
- Rose and Crown
- 'Ohana (D)
- H&V (B)
- HBD (D with Fantasmic)
- CRT

A quick count of just the above is 8 TS credits. We are staying for 4 nights with 5-Day hoppers (early morning flight in and late night out). So is the max DDP I can get 4 nights per person (DH, myself and DD4)? With so many TS ADRs I think the Deluxe DP makes the most sense?

When we dine at R&C and HBD, what does that Deluxe DP allow us to order? (I'm assuming we can't each get 2 desserts, for example, but couldn't find explanation on the brochure posted).

Appreciate your advice as to whther it's worth it to go for the Deluxe DP? Thanks in advance!!

WinterSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
When we dine at R&C and HBD, what does that Deluxe DP allow us to order?
R&C - Appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage.

HBD - you are doing the Fantasmic package which allows one appetizer, one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage for every participant, regardless of whether they are using the regular or deluxe plan.

If you get the deluxe, do you have plans about what you are going to do with the additional 4 dining credits per person? You'll have 12 per person on the deluxe.
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Akershus and CRT....are these breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Akerhsus and CRT are both lunches.

Wow, haven't thought through the 4 remaining. I could to Tusker House or Sanaa but no additional ADRs beyond what's listed yet. Preliminary number crunching as the Deluxe Plan winning out OOP already (and I thought I only had 8 credits...now I'm wondering if my math is wrong... LOL).

Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

You would have12 TS/CS credits for each person, so a total of 36 credits which can be used for TS or CS. So you could use some extras for cs !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Personally I prefer the deluxe dining plan.

This will give you 3 Table service meals per person/per day to use how you see fit.

Eating 3 meals a day is TOO much, but you can eat at signature restaurants that cost 2 credits, or even see a dinner show like the Luau at the Poly, or Hoop Dee Doo revue at Fort Wilderness (awesome dinner show). Dinner shows cost 2 credits per person.

I just returned from a 7 day trip with dlx dining plan. I did a table service breakfast and used signature restaurants for dinner (this gets the most value out of your dlx dining plan) to equal my 3 credits per day.

A few great signature restuarants: Flying Fish cafe @ the boardwalk, Citricos at the Grand Floridian, Le Cellier in Epcot, Cinderella's royal table in Magic Kingdom.

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice. I've decided against the DDP for now. Three meals is too much and the regular dining plan does not have enough TS credits for my reservations. When we order a la carte we usually don't even get a meal for my daughter so I don't think it's worth it for us to get a DP.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
nkereina
Wendy Darling

In your case, you'd be paying a lot more to upgrade to DxDP. You could do regular dining plan and then just pay OOP for your cheapest meals. You'd have to figure out which ones to pay OOP for ahead of time by looking at the menus. Breakfasts are always good, and I would do HBD too because it will take 2 TS credits and that's not worth it for the F! package IMO.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: