Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

 
Rhongepooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: small town of Tylertown, MS
Posts: 811

Any new news about fast pass plus?

We are headed to Disney the last of May and am wondering when the fast pass plus will begin. Any ideas?
__________________
Rhongepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,457

Right now the entire MagicBand, FastPass Plus, RFID Chips, and everything else related to NextGen is in a state of flux and nobody will be able to give a definite answer to anything related to them until at least a few months after everything is rolled out.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,929

Still testing from everything I hear. Nothing concrete on roll out of any significant plan.

I was hoping to give it a shot when we are there in August, but it looks like it may take a long time to get everything figured out.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,675

Friends were in WDW end of Feb - beginning of March and were scheduled to participate in the most recent testing. Wen they checked in to AKL, they were told testing was cancelled.

No other info was given.
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,482

~My original prediction date for FastPass Plus was for late 2013/early 2014 and/or near the completion date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Disney will definitely aim to have FP+ ready in time before it's set to open. I was shocked when people were saying FP+ would launch sometime in February, I thought it was way off and too soon. I don't know how that rumor got started. Anyway, we'll just have to wait & see.
__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
Zannon
Earning My Ears
 
Zannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 19

I dunno if this means anything, but I paid off the remaining balance for my May 31 - June 9 trip a few weeks ago and after I did, if I pull up my reservation on the mobile app, under park tickets, it says "Fast Pass+ Experience". That was not on there before I paid off the trip. I've also gotten nothing officially from Disney about it, I just found it strange that it would appear after I paid the trip in full.
__________________
Zannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
ltmoko
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannon View Post
I dunno if this means anything, but I paid off the remaining balance for my May 31 - June 9 trip a few weeks ago and after I did, if I pull up my reservation on the mobile app, under park tickets, it says "Fast Pass+ Experience". That was not on there before I paid off the trip. I've also gotten nothing officially from Disney about it, I just found it strange that it would appear after I paid the trip in full.
I just looked at my app and i see it too but, i can not click on it or do anything with it.
ltmoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannon View Post
I dunno if this means anything, but I paid off the remaining balance for my May 31 - June 9 trip a few weeks ago and after I did, if I pull up my reservation on the mobile app, under park tickets, it says "Fast Pass+ Experience". That was not on there before I paid off the trip. I've also gotten nothing officially from Disney about it, I just found it strange that it would appear after I paid the trip in full.
Purely coincidence. It popped up with the most recent update of the app.
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,839

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~My original prediction date for FastPass Plus was for late 2013/early 2014 and/or near the completion date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Disney will definitely aim to have FP+ ready in time before it's set to open. I was shocked when people were saying FP+ would launch sometime in February, I thought it was way off and too soon. I don't know how that rumor got started. Anyway, we'll just have to wait & see.
DrDisMsHouse, I see my likeness in your signature section...Thanks! Truly!

As for 'FP=Disney money grab', how can anyone be excited about this? Please explain?

Further, when did WDW, DL, etc. become the main vacation destination for so many? You know the real world still offers way, way greater stuff, right? I could explain if you'd like...
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannon View Post
I dunno if this means anything, but I paid off the remaining balance for my May 31 - June 9 trip a few weeks ago and after I did, if I pull up my reservation on the mobile app, under park tickets, it says "Fast Pass+ Experience". That was not on there before I paid off the trip. I've also gotten nothing officially from Disney about it, I just found it strange that it would appear after I paid the trip in full.
~LOL. It is strange, I would keep trying to book FP's online just to see if it would work. You never know, you may be the first person to actually use FP+ outside of a test period, lol. Just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannon View Post
Yeah, same here. It's driving me nuts because I'm really curious how the whole fastpass+ stuff will work and want to try it out myself instead of just hearing/reading about it. I keep logging into the mobile app every few days to see if it's changed and I can click on it and it does something. It's starting to become an obsession.
~I know, it feels like forever!!! But, like I said earlier, I didn't expect for FP+ to debut until late 2013/early 2014, and was surprised by the February rumors. With that said, I hope it's sooner & not later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
DrDisMsHouse, I see my likeness in your signature section...Thanks! Truly!

As for 'FP=Disney money grab', how can anyone be excited about this? Please explain?

Further, when did WDW, DL, etc. become the main vacation destination for so many? You know the real world still offers way, way greater stuff, right? I could explain if you'd like...fftopic
:
~Dear Pirate, oh how I've missed you & your walmart-disney rant. You have such a magical way with words.

~I don't know Pirate, some people love running around all day in the hot blazing sun -- racing from FP machine to FP machine & standing in line while people sort out their mixed up room keys, while some people don't, it's all about choices.

~Please Mr. Pirate, tell me about this real world! What could possibly be greater than Disney World??? Is it possible to enjoy other "great stuff" & Disney World, or does it have to be one or the other?
__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer
 
jimsanfilippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
DrDisMsHouse, I see my likeness in your signature section...Thanks! Truly!

As for 'FP=Disney money grab', how can anyone be excited about this? Please explain?

Further, when did WDW, DL, etc. become the main vacation destination for so many? You know the real world still offers way, way greater stuff, right? I could explain if you'd like...
I'm really confused as to why you're on DISboards if you're such a Disney downer? Not only that but you have gobs of posts.
No offense was meant by this question. I'm just trying to understand why you're such a DISBoards fan when you seem to be not that into Disney in general.
__________________
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground

Last edited by jimsanfilippo; 06-24-2013 at 05:32 PM.
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2

DrDisMsHouse, I see my likeness in your signature section...Thanks! Truly!

As for 'FP=Disney money grab', how can anyone be excited about this? Please explain?

Further, when did WDW, DL, etc. become the main vacation destination for so many? You know the real world still offers way, way greater stuff, right? I could explain if you'd like...
For some, like our family, the prospect of fp+ is promising-obviously "devil is in the details" and we shall see. At least currently, our trips include grandparents and toddlers, so there is potential value in pre-reserving at least a few marquis attractions (there are no fp runners in our menagerie, and it is nearly impossible to envision a scenario where we could use a fp that returns 4 hours later). And we may even want to esnure seating for a parade or firework (which grandmas love and kids like) without having to stake out a space for an hour.

And to your last point, we go lots of different places (including frequent museum/zoo/aquarium/etc, and also to appreciate natural splendor, particularly beach), and i fully agree those are great (my son's favorite trip is ac, not disney), but sometimes it is nice to go somewhere that is just "fun", and wdw is certainly that. .
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
poton754
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11

Fast Pass +

We're have trips planned in May and Sept but haven't heard anything from Diney about it
poton754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #14
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer
 
NicoleK1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 142

I'm glad that we decided to hold off on our next trip until 2014 in order to be able to stay Club Level at the Poly again, and more importantly so that Fast Pass+ will be up and in full swing.

We got to test it out when we were there in December, and it was AWESOME! AMAZING!! Can't say enough good things about it!

Made us feel like we were super VIP's!!!

If you are a planner, like I am (Disney trips planned down into 30 minute increments!) they are TOTALLY worth it!

I had over 1/2 a day freed up just because of the FP+ and The Toy Story ride!

Originally I had planned on waking up at the crack of dawn, being at HS 45 minutes before the gates opened, standing in line, getting pushed and shoved trying to get a FP for it, and then hanging out until our FP time (HS is the park we spend the LEAST time at).

With the FP+, we were able to make a 2:10pm "appointment time", got up a bit late (8:30ish) had a leisurely breakfast in the lounge, went over and shopped a bit in the stores before getting on the monorail to Epcot to do a few things we missed the day before, then headed over to HS. We got to toy Story Mania about 5 minutes past our FP+ start time, walked through the que and were on the ride in about 5 minutes or so, then we hit the other things we wanted to do before our 5:00 ressies at Sci-Fi!

And the other rides and meet and greets we used them for, we always had less than 5 minute wait!

Unfortunately we actually had a father use some foul language at us and at the cast member because he and his daughters had been waiting 45 minutes to see Mickey Mouse, and we just walked up, showed them our FP+ and walked right in front of them and into the next group that were let into the room.

Oh, and the reserved places for parades and fireworks can't be beat!
No getting there to secure a spot 30-60 minutes prior and just waiting around on a corner.
We got there 5-10 minutes ahead of time and had prime, curb side seats, saved tons of time and got SO much more done than we would have without the FP+!

I am a HUGE fan of them!!!

I know there will be a ton of moaning and complaining, but for the 30% or so of us that are super planners, I think it is an AMAZING opportunity!

I just wish I knew what kind of price tag it is going to have on it or what stipulations it will have with it.

We usually go with a Room Only plan because it is a bigger (military) discount for us, but if they make it part of a package only deal, then we will have some big thinking to do about it!
__________________

NicoleK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
I truly AM the last American! That's settled.

My father, wife and both in laws are yoopers! Me? Mt. Pleasant and Higgins Lake.


All Americans have a choice. Support Adolpf Walton or pay somewhat higher prices and support actual Americans. Just google the Walton trust fund heirs and see if they justify their obscene wealth. Me? I go to mom and pop even it it costs a bit more..

How this relates Disney? Who knows. But I prefer hard, quality work for good money over slick PR and bottom line thinking any day and I try to let Disney know that.
~Omg... you're a Michigander! I just knew there was something special about you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleK1974 View Post
I'm glad that we decided to hold off on our next trip until 2014 in order to be able to stay Club Level at the Poly again, and more importantly so that Fast Pass+ will be up and in full swing.

We got to test it out when we were there in December, and it was AWESOME! AMAZING!! Can't say enough good things about it!

Made us feel like we were super VIP's!!!

If you are a planner, like I am (Disney trips planned down into 30 minute increments!) they are TOTALLY worth it!

I had over 1/2 a day freed up just because of the FP+ and The Toy Story ride!

Originally I had planned on waking up at the crack of dawn, being at HS 45 minutes before the gates opened, standing in line, getting pushed and shoved trying to get a FP for it, and then hanging out until our FP time (HS is the park we spend the LEAST time at).

With the FP+, we were able to make a 2:10pm "appointment time", got up a bit late (8:30ish) had a leisurely breakfast in the lounge, went over and shopped a bit in the stores before getting on the monorail to Epcot to do a few things we missed the day before, then headed over to HS. We got to toy Story Mania about 5 minutes past our FP+ start time, walked through the que and were on the ride in about 5 minutes or so, then we hit the other things we wanted to do before our 5:00 ressies at Sci-Fi!

And the other rides and meet and greets we used them for, we always had less than 5 minute wait!

Unfortunately we actually had a father use some foul language at us and at the cast member because he and his daughters had been waiting 45 minutes to see Mickey Mouse, and we just walked up, showed them our FP+ and walked right in front of them and into the next group that were let into the room.

Oh, and the reserved places for parades and fireworks can't be beat!
No getting there to secure a spot 30-60 minutes prior and just waiting around on a corner.
We got there 5-10 minutes ahead of time and had prime, curb side seats, saved tons of time and got SO much more done than we would have without the FP+!

I am a HUGE fan of them!!!

I know there will be a ton of moaning and complaining, but for the 30% or so of us that are super planners, I think it is an AMAZING opportunity!

I just wish I knew what kind of price tag it is going to have on it or what stipulations it will have with it.

We usually go with a Room Only plan because it is a bigger (military) discount for us, but if they make it part of a package only deal, then we will have some big thinking to do about it!
~NicoleK, you have made my day, no week, maybe month with this fabulous review!!!

~I love Poly CL, but it's been a couple years since I've visited due to my silent monorail protest, lol. But, the rooms have just been refurbished, so I'm definitely returning! I agree with you that 2014 is going to be a fabulous year to visit! And, I'm also a fan of the room only discount(s).

~I truly appreciate your insightful, well written review on Fastpass Plus! I am more excited than ever now! So, sorry about the rude encounter you had with the dad -- unfortunately, you are not the only one, I've heard of similar incidents, mostly at the parade!

~This review is so fabulous, it deserves a sticky!!! Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your experience! I'm glad you had an amazing vacation & are making plans to return soon!
__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: