Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
figment3258
DIS Veteran

Anyone else running Foxboro ma?

Anyone else running the 10k at Gillette stadium on July 3rd?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
DVCFan1994
Mouseketeer

I am considering it, but I know my family will give me a hard time for not being at the annual family lobsterbake way up in the NH lakes region.

Have you done it before? I need a 10K time for the PHM 2014, I doubt I'd get a good one at Foxboro, it would be my first, but was thinking it could be a trial run and then do the Tufts 10K in October as the real deal. I have been looking for info from past runners but have not found much. I am new to all this though, and not entirely sure how to find it.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Princess Steph
Mouseketeer

I did it last year. The packet pick up is a bit crazy. It was all outside and it was raining. You wait in line to find your name on a list that gives you a number and then you go wait in a line that corresponds to your number to get your bib. Then you go wait in another line for the t-shirt.

The restaurants give you a free meal. They were limited meals, mostly pasta and veggies during a certain time frame, but I remember they were free (or very discounted) and delicious.

We arrived about 2 pm and our 6 year old did the kids races. It was good, rather well organized and really fun for the kids. Patriot mascot, Patriot cheerleaders and a few ex-players on the field.

The 10K race was good. You corral yourself. They have times posted and we just jumped in where we thought we would be. Lots of port-o-potties. The course was fine and had parts where people were cheering you on. It was amazing to end on the 50 yard line right on the field. Live feed on the Jumbotron, announcing your name as you crossed the line. It was so cool!! I had a terrible race though. I worked all day, and was tired. I don't do well at night.

They also had lots of goodies after the race, yogurt, granola bars, snacks. Then we stayed for the fireworks and watched from the parking lot. Overall it was a fun night! If you do well racing at night, I really recommend it. It's a pretty flat course, overall, and should be a good time.
Princess Steph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: