Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
cadenleesmom
Earning My Ears

AOA walk as far as CBR walk?

We were in Jamaica last year that CBR and that felt like a long walk. I am trying to gauge if the Little Mermaid rooms are as far from the Main building as that. Anyone know? My daughter really wants to stay there next time but I am not sure about listening to the kids and my hubby whine about the long walk. LOL!
cadenleesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I heard that its about a 7-8 min walk (ya, pretty far). There's another thread about this somewhere with pretty good info about the distance. Some ppl will tell you the walk isnt bad, but i think theyre lying. Lol! The first day or two may not seem bad....but after that the walk just seems longer and longer. Another poster said that she ended up taking her car to the main building (to board disney buses).

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I'll tell you the walk's not bad, and I'm not lying. I stayed in LM for 11 days back in January and the only time the walk felt too long was when I came down with the flu.

The only people I'd warn about the walk are families with young kids who are out of strollers, and the physically handicapped who aren't in wheelchairs/ECVs.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Julie711
DIS Veteran

I've been wondering the same thing. We have stayed at CBR 4x before, once in the pirate rooms which are the futherest & we were looking at AOA this September for the little mermaid rooms. I will tell you the walk from any section we stayed at CBR wasn't bad, maybe 6-8 min walk from the futherest section, I heard that's about the same as AOA .
Good luck!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

I get a kick out of the many posts about how a 10 minute walk is, forever, an eternity, miles away... I cannot even imagine going to my car to drive to the main building I currently have 2 DD's (2 & 8) and yes have done it with strollers, in the rain... We have been in back of CSR, POR and also the end of AKL section and I am in no way close to being in shape, but still have no issues with the walks. JMO

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: