Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Bus service from Coronado Springs

Hi! I've booked Coronado Springs for mid-May because I've read that one of the pros of that resort is a direct bus to the Parks. Plus, the unofficial guide listed travel times from CSR to be lower than some of its moderate peer hotels. Recently, I read another article that buses from CSR are notoriously delayed. Which is it? Would appreciate any insight or advice. Thanks!!

WinterSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

We were at CSR June 2011 in the Cabanas section. I don't know what that bus stop number is but it was ours then the one at the main building and then we were off to the designated park. We had no problems with the timing or the crowds on the busses. We loved CSR & would stay there again in a heartbeat.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Katlyn
DIS Veteran

We were there in May 2011 and never had to wait longer than 5-10 minutes for a bus. I know that's been almost 2 years and things change but our experience there was great.
Katlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Bus36
"Life does not start and stop at your convenience."

The bus service may feel like a different experience depending on what stop you use at the resort. We were there in November at CSR. We stayed in the Casitsas section. We were the first stop once the buses entered the resort. I think it was stop #4. Pros: We got a seat all of the time going to the parks as there would be an empty bus in the AM, or later in the day, other people would be getting off as we went around the resort and we could sit. Another plus, when returning on a crowded bus, we were the first stop to get off. Con: We had to make the loop around CSR to the other 3 stops before heading to the parks.... this added 10 min to every trip.

So if you used stop 1 like above poster, you would leave CSR to the parks right from that stop, but the bus may be full when it arrives as there have already been 3 CSR stops. Also you will have your ride around the resort and additional wait on the ride back.

As far as bus frequency, I think it was standard... sometimes we would get lucky and wait < 5 min. I think we waited 20 min once, when we just missed one (saw it leaving as we were walking). Most of the time 5-10 min was the norm.
Bus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

We stayed at CSR last March, and had outstanding bus service. I think the most we waited was 10 minutes for a bus, and they were rarely full.

I wonder how long it has been sense someone from the Unofficial Guide has stayed at CSR.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I've seen threads about the bus service at every resort. One poster posts, "We were there from X to Y and the bus service was HORRIBLE. We had to wait at least half an hour every time!" Three posts later, someone else posts, "Really? I was there the same week and the bus service was GREAT. A bus was always there!"

I personally never had trouble the three times I stayed at CSR. I do like that it doesn't share with other resorts.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus36 View Post
The bus service may feel like a different experience depending on what stop you use at the resort. We were there in November at CSR. We stayed in the Casitsas section. We were the first stop once the buses entered the resort. I think it was stop #4. Pros: We got a seat all of the time going to the parks ..Con: We had to make the loop around CSR to the other 3 stops before heading to the parks.... this added 10 min to every trip.=
I was there in Feb during the "slow season." And experienced just what Bus36 wrote. Timing has a lot to due with the buses and if you are a Rope Drop person. I too was at the Casitas section and though I would love to stay at Cabanas, the one day I had to hopped on the bus 15 mins to RD to MK and went around to the El Centro/Cabanas bus stop, the bus was packed and seats were taken. Other times it was EMPTY. For instance, one afternoon to either HS or Epcot I was the only one on the bus and had a grand time chatting with the driver.

As for the trip to the parks, eh... MK is still a loooong ride. AK, Epcot and HS are the closest. In fact, from a section of CSR you can see the top half of either the Swan or the Dolphin (always forget which is on what side LOL!). And you have Blizzard beach down the "block."

Jackie
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We've stayed at CSR several times and most of the time, the bus service has been very good. There's usually one time per trip where we get to the stop and we have to wait longer than average, but most of the time we're boarding a bus within 5-10 minutes.

As some others noted, the buses to DTD do tend to take longer for some reason, so we usually drive ourselves.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSux View Post
Hi! I've booked Coronado Springs for mid-May because I've read that one of the pros of that resort is a direct bus to the Parks. Plus, the unofficial guide listed travel times from CSR to be lower than some of its moderate peer hotels. Recently, I read another article that buses from CSR are notoriously delayed. Which is it? Would appreciate any insight or advice. Thanks!!
Actually the bus service is very good. You can tell they cater to male conventioneers because many of the bus stops at the parks are close. For example at HS , CSR bus stop #6 is right near the exit.
I have stayed there many times and only problem is the same with all resorts, rope drop times in morning and after fireworks are always crowded.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
tb1972
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at CSR three times in different sections and never had bus trouble. Enjoy! The CSR grounds are lovely.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Bus service t/from ANY resort can be ANY thing on ANY day. there is no such thing as a resort with "good service" and another with "bad service." I've experienced great service and horrible service--at the same resort during the same visit.

With that said, the one "universal" seems to be all resorts having slow, slow service to/from DTD.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake View Post
Bus service t/from ANY resort can be ANY thing on ANY day. there is no such thing as a resort with "good service" and another with "bad service." I've experienced great service and horrible service--at the same resort during the same visit.

With that said, the one "universal" seems to be all resorts having slow, slow service to/from DTD.
I agree, with a small exception for CSR. As they are a convention resort, the buses are typically not as packed as the buses at the other resorts. But time wise, who knows? Sometimes you are lucky and show up 10 seconds before the bus you want does. And sometimes you show up 10 seconds after it leaves. No way to plan for that.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the comments. I'm feeling much better about my choice of CSR after reading everyone's input.

WinterSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at CSR three times and found the bus service to be very good. In the past, the bus has gone to blizzard beach to pick up and drop off.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #15
DarkwingDad
DIS Explorer

We stayed for 8 days at CSR spring break 2012. Bus service was horrible! Both to and from the resort. We stayed at the casitas and waited over an hour at AK for the bus, and averaged 30 minute waits from the resort to the park...we also stayed at CSR Oct 2011....bus service was so good and wait times were excellent....that's why we went back 2012. Due to our last experience, we chose the Poly this trip...we may give CSR another try next trip, but we need a good resort/bus experience first. That being said, hey it's Disney! You can have fun staying anywhere! ;-)
CSR~2009
CSR~2012
Poly~2013

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”~Walt Disney
DarkwingDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: