Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Drinking water for the Parks when staying Club Level

We're honeymooning at WL then GF next month and staying CL at both. We drink a LOT of water (about two gallons per day.). What's the best way to get drinking water each time we leave the resort?

At home we keep several cases of 1/2 liter bottles which we grab whenever we leave the house. We're rather fussy about our water and avoid drinking tap water in Florida.

I've read that CL no longer makes it easy to grab bottled water, but it is available if you ask. Is this true? Would they mind if we asked twice a day?

I've read on disBoards that some people get cases of bottled water (from Walmart or Staples) delivered to their room then keep some in their fridge. (We won't have a car available to go out and buy any.)

Could we fill our reusable sports bottles in the lounge? Do they have spring water?

What have you done?

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Dr Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
Ali
DIS Veteran

When I stayed Club level at GF I asked for bottled water and I was told they didn't have it any more. I was told that if I provided a water bottle it could be filled in the lounge from the filtered water dispenser. Then I was directed to go to the stores and buy a metal water bottle to use.

I always bring water with me when I go but now I know to bring empty refillable bottles. I have never had to mail myself water but if you drink as much as I do you may want to figure it out for convenience.

Have a good trip
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
rchampagne
Earning My Ears

It may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if ice is available in club level? I'll gladly bring my own water bottles, but I'd like to know if I can fill them w/ ice and keep them cool for the parks.
rchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
bowbat
DIS Veteran

The Club Levels we've stayed at have big glass bottles of water in the lounge, no individual plastic sizes (apparently due to hoarding/waste). However, whenever I've asked for a bottle to take to our room, they happily give me one. So just ask for a bottle then use it to fill your sports bottles to take to the park.

ETA: Yes, they have ice in the lounges, too.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
The Club Levels we've stayed at have big glass bottles of water in the lounge, no individual plastic sizes (apparently due to hoarding/waste). However, whenever I've asked for a bottle to take to our room, they happily give me one. So just ask for a bottle then use it to fill your sports bottles to take to the park.

Bowbat hit it on the head. (Due to many people trying to get their money's "worth" out of CL.)

And I am not referring to the OP as he asked a legitimate question for his first time CL visit.

Our experience as CL veterans; we ask for the glass bottled waters for our rooms and buy the plastic bottled waters whenever needed at the parks. My take is that if you can afford CL, you should be able to afford WDW bottled water. JMO.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post

Good idea about asking to see if a guest can take a bottle back to the room. Much better than attempting to fill a bottle in the lounge. It's hard to avoid cross contamination, drips and spills when doing so.

Other suggestion, maybe OP should email the IPOs and see what they say. It would allow OP to plan, especially if it turns out they need to have bottles delivered.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

We use the sport bottles with a filter built-in. That way you can fill up with tap, and the filter will remove particles or that odd taste/smell. Unlimited supply, drink as much as you want, as long as you can find a fountain.

Fountain water is already safe. Thousands of people drink from them and haven't died, or else the media would be all over that. The filter just adds that piece of mind, an extra security blanket. Oh, and it's cheaper than buying all that bottled water.

It's more manageable than lugging around multiple bottles for the entire day.

http://www.brita.com/products/filtering-bottle/

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchampagne View Post
It may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if ice is available in club level? I'll gladly bring my own water bottles, but I'd like to know if I can fill them w/ ice and keep them cool for the parks.
We use the ice machine that is at the resort, even in the club level section. I know at BWI, the machne wasn't very far from the club room.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

We drink tons of water. Have stayed CL at Poly 2x. They had glass bottles of Evian for a while, then switched to filtered. We did utilize this water. But we also bought water at store at Contemporary in gallon size (not expensive) and kept in fridge to fill bottles and drink. It fit no problem in fridge and did not feel like we were drinking all of the CL water.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

I think in your situation, you should look into having water delivered to your resort.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you require spring water it may be best if you order it. I don't recall spring water being sold in the parks. They sell Dasani, which is not spring water (it's filtered tap water).
Old 03-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
mmmears
DIS Veteran

We have a couple cases of bottled water delivered to our resort (I've used Garden Grocer and another company). They will give you a glass bottle for the room, but that's not enough for us for the parks. I've found it's just easier this way -- a reusable bottle would work, too.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

we are not water snobs.

we buy 5 bottles of water at the airport, hotel loby, where ever.

then each night we fill all 5 em them up in the sink. the sinks at all resorts produce free water.

We then freeze them in the room freezer over night.

Put em in the back pack and head to the parks. throught the day the ice melts and we just top the bottless off at what ever fountain we find.

we prolly end up drinking 50 bottles of water or more in a week, but only paid for the initial first 5.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #14
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

While we didn't stay Club Level, we used Garden Grocer to deliver water for our last trip. Having a couple of cases of water in the room was super convenient for us. Since we were ordering other food, the delivery cost was spread out over enough stuff that it was worth it. This year for just water we are looking at Amazon. The price is a little more, but with free Prime shipping the delivered cost is less. The resorts are great about receiving packages for you, and Bell Services will transfer them for your resort move. Enjoy!
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #15
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Contact the IPO about the water. If it has to be ordered offsite, the IPO probably can order it for you.

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: