Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
momh135
Earning My Ears

Called POP about Bedbug Rumors

I was online tonight and came across some reports of bedbugs at Pop Century on Bedbug threads. First off, I know bedbud sites are crazy. Secondly, I am a Disney fanatic. I have stayed at POP before and LOVED it. That is why I am taking my children there again. That being said, my curiousity got the best o fme and I called the front desk to see what they would say about it. The gentleman whom I talked with was very courteous and told me that there is no type of bedbug problem and that he would even connect me wiht housekeeping to easy my mind and so that they could tell me how they "keep bedbugs out". He was very magical and sweet, even with me asking this awkward question. TRUTHFULLY, does anyone know anything about this so-called situation?
momh135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

There have been quite a few DIS members posting on the official POP FAQ thread who are currently at POP and/or just returned and NONE have said anything about this. And believe me, if there was any kind of "situation" it would be ALL over the DIS.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
momh135
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks,i figured that. Just read a few reviews from those just there. Seems okay, and I am going to continue dreaming of my upcoming magic celebration!
momh135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

I did a Google search for posts on any site for the last 2 months about "Pop Century" and "Bed Bugs" and didn't see anything.

11/14 OKW ~ 2/13 POP ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 POP ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips (I've lost track!)
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

FWIW, there's no way to call the front desk of a Disney resort. Even when you're on site and press the Front Desk button you are routed to an offsite (often out of state) call center. I once thought I was talking to the OKW front desk, but later found out I was wrong. Unless someone there calls you, there's no way to get to them.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
FWIW, there's no way to call the front desk of a Disney resort. Even when you're on site and press the Front Desk button you are routed to an offsite (often out of state) call center. I once thought I was talking to the OKW front desk, but later found out I was wrong. Unless someone there calls you, there's no way to get to them.

The only way to talk to someone at the Front Desk is physically walk there and speak to someone.

Otherwise, any button you push on your in-room phone is routed to a Disney call center somewhere. Aren't the call centers in Tampa and Oklahoma, I think?
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #7
casanova5
Mouseketeer

I just got back from pop though we had a bad housekeeper no ned bugs (dirty room but disney fixed the situation and gave us a extea night and ticket)
Old 03-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Check the *corners* of the beds, pulling up any duvets/bedspreads, topsheet, blanked, fitted sheet, or liner, and inspect the mattress along the corner seams. If they're clean, you've done due diligence that should give you about as high a % level of confidence you can reasonably get that there are no critters.

Mattress corners/seams are where they are most likely to show up.

As for me, I keep my suitcase(s) on a chair or table and change out of it directly, not bothering with the in-room dresser. Just never felt comfortable using them, even before the bb issue arose. Blame that on my mom, who could write a million-dollar sanitation book on "How To Inspect The Absolute Crap Out Of Your Hotel Room And Come Out Staying In Your Car."
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: