Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Laldtd
Earning My Ears

DVC Help- BLT Unavailable- Next Choice?

It seems nearly impossible to get an early Jan reservation at BLT. I will be traveling w DH, my parents, and 9DS, 7DS, and 4DD. First time to Disney in a while. My folks are driving from Orlando so we WILL have a car.

Where would you recommend staying besides BLT? We plan on visiting all of the parks but are particularly concerned about transportation. How much will it help that we will have a car or should we stick to bus/monorail? Best choice after BLT?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
Laldtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

January is a very popular month for DVC due to low points so your choices may be limited even further than just BLT.

I own at BCV but with a car, my choice is Kidani savannah view. The one and two bedroom units there are outstanding and parking is very convenient as it's right underneath the building. Even if I didn't have my own car, I would still probably pick Kidani for a January visit.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
MichiganDVC
DIS Veteran

My choice for you would be Beach Club, if they have anything left either. Two reasons:
1. Stormalong Bay, even though it might be too chilly in January, it also might be nice out. And I think the pools are heated, so....
2. Proximity to two parks. Yes, you'd have to take a bus (or drive) to Magic Kingdom, but you can either walk or take the boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. So BCV are you next best option, transportation-wise, after BLT.

Otherwise, if you have a car and you're going in the "off-season," staying at Animal Kingdom would also be nice. Or SSR, due to proximity to DTD.

1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk
MichiganDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
ain0004
Mouseketeer

I prefer OKW or SSR ( I am aware not many like SSR). But if you have a car, you are a short walk away. Rooms at OKW west are much larger, better for a extended family trip. We do have Beach club on our list to do, but so far we have had no luck with availability.
ain0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
ThumpersWorld
Mouseketeer

We own at BLT and BCV and I actually like BCV much better. Except for the close vicinity to the MK that BLT offers, I like BCV better. Being on the Boardwalk and so close to the Intern'l Gateway of EPCOT is the best and your kids won't want to leave SAB. You may want to consider BWV too if you can't get BCV. You can walk to EPCOT and take the Friendship Boats right to DHS. Key locations.

Me DH DS 8 1/2 yrs DS 6 yrs
ThumpersWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

My second choice would be AKV Kidani. Just like BLT they have an extra bathroom. ( 1 br has 2, 2 br has 3 bath). parking is convenient. The pool is great. seeing the animals every day is fun. There is a lot to do at this resort.

We have stayed at OKW and SSR, they were great too.

Boardwalk / Beach club have great locations. ( havent stayed there yet... so I cant comment on them.)
Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

DO your parents have a vehicle big enough for 7ppl? Are you all staying together or are your parents just driving in?

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: