Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Question Is the boardwalk inn the best overall Disney World Resort?

I say yes.

What do you say?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I'd say no, but then everyone on this board is going to say that they best resort is the one they like.

I did a BC stay and I loved the atmosphere and the walk to Epcot and boat to DHS, but not the price so haven't been back to that area yet. I looked at Boardwalk but it seemed to have even less appeal to me atmosphere wise.

I think the only pro I could see would be that actual Boardwalk front with the resturants and such, but that is not going to sell me on any resort alone.

Then there's the creepy clown slide.....which while I very rarely hang out beside the feature pool anywhere I sure wouldn't there. eeeeeek!

For me and my style of travel I think for the best mix of value$/atmosphere/location/transportation, I'd rank POFQ as the best resort at WDW.

But someone else will disagree with me, I'm sure. It's the nature of the beast.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
sfbank
DIS Veteran

blackacex2-

I would definately have to agree Love the Boardwalk-our favorite resort and favorite place to be in the evenings for relaxation. Nothing calms me more. Love the smell of the boards after a rain or in the afternoon Florida sun

Old 03-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Heather1979
Mouseketeer

Not with that maniacal clown staring at me! Just looking at pics gives me the heebie jeebies

Off site 1987, 1998, & 2003, Pop century 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012, Bay Lake Tower 2013
Old 03-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1979 View Post
Not with that maniacal clown staring at me! Just looking at pics gives me the heebie jeebies
I think if Disney re-themed the whole pool area and ditched the stupid clown slide they could up the nightly room price 15%-20% and people would still flock to the resort! It's a red herring though- the ugly clown is there to push people toward the beach club so that discerning disney-philes can stay on the gorgeous boardwalk with a massive selection of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment just a few steps away.

The room decor at the boardwalk is beautiful- it's perhaps one of the only resorts without hideous bedspreads. The gardens are gorgeous and the boardwalk water view is to die for. You can walk or boat to hollywood studios and epcot. The club level lounge and service put the other resorts to shame.

We just use the quiet pools and leave the clown pool to the psycho children who for some reason Disney keeps trying to appeal to. In my observation all the adults at Disney are smiling ear to ear while all the kids are crying, whining, and generally having an awful time. Seriously though, I'm kidding. Sort of.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I have heard that the BWI has a great club level, but I've also been told the Poly is the winner in CL. (Poly is on my list of Disney Deluxes I want to try but would probably not do CL)

I keep pricing out CL and with my touring style I don't think the bump up in price would cover my use of the amenities, plus I don't do DDP so I wouldn't need them to book my ADRs, what few ADR's and Activity reservation need to be made I prefer to do myself.

But like I said before I think the Boardwalk itself is probably the big draw for BWI. I quess you could pitch the adults only resort to the world but then those threads never end well, very interesting but they never end well.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I have heard that the BWI has a great club level, but I've also been told the Poly is the winner in CL. (Poly is on my list of Disney Deluxes I want to try but would probably not do CL)

I keep pricing out CL and with my touring style I don't think the bump up in price would cover my use of the amenities, plus I don't do DDP so I wouldn't need them to book my ADRs, what few ADR's and Activity reservation need to be made I prefer to do myself.

But like I said before I think the Boardwalk itself is probably the big draw for BWI. I quess you could pitch the adults only resort to the world but then those threads never end well, very interesting but they never end well.
Club level is for people with more money than common sense. But if you fall into that category, boardwalk inn offers you the nicest lounge and service.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
Club level is for people with more money than common sense. But if you fall into that category, boardwalk inn offers you the nicest lounge and service.

That is not a very nice thing to say.

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 03-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:

Sorry, but I find your comment presumptuous and rude. Many people make the decision to go CL after very careful thought and consideration.

BWI is actually very, very far down on our list. In fact it is below some of the mods. Different tastes for different folks. You are as entitled to love the resort as much as I am entitled not to. No explanation needed. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
The room decor at the boardwalk is beautiful- it's perhaps one of the only resorts without hideous bedspreads.
Incorrect, most of the resorts have changed over to the white duvets as of now. I think the most beautiful bedding, even above the deluxes, was at CSR:

Everyone has their favorite, but BWI is not one of ours. We've stayed at most resorts from value to Deluxe Villa, some CL, and AKL, Poly & BC are our faves, hands down.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1979 View Post
:rotfl :
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 03-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #12
Stupid_Judy
Mouseketeer

I'd love to crunch the numbers for you.

We are a family of 5. We stayed at CL for only $80 more a night than standard with AP discount.

continental breakfast for 5 - $50 and that's low balling it - nowhere on property will you find all you can eat beverages, pastries, hot oatmeal & fresh fruit for $10 per person.

drinks - we spend a lot of time at the resort & each person in our family has at least 4 beverages a day in the loungs, if not 6, 8 or 10. Even at the minumum of 4 per person, per day, that 20 beverages that would cost $3 each in the parks/restaraunts. There's $60.

snacks, appetizers & desserts - we use these to supplement our other meals in WDW, and easily save $50 a day for a family of 5 having these at our convenience.

So if I crunch that's $160 a day for us, we worth the $80 extra per day we paid for the CL upgrade. And it's not all about the food - it's the whole CL experience.

We have no desire, nor would we ever spend $400 on a "culinary experience" like Victoria & Alberts. To us, that's a waste of money, especially with a family of 5.

Up next: POR!

ASmo, ASsp 2x, Pop 2x, BC 2x, BCV, BLT 2x, CR GW, Poly, WL, Swan & Dolphin 3x, CSR, AKL 2x, Kidani 2x...need to try the rest!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid_Judy View Post
I'd love to crunch the numbers for you.

We are a family of 5. We stayed at CL for only $80 more a night than standard with AP discount.

continental breakfast for 5 - $50 and that's low balling it - nowhere on property will you find all you can eat beverages, pastries, hot oatmeal & fresh fruit for $10 per person.

drinks - we spend a lot of time at the resort & each person in our family has at least 4 beverages a day in the loungs, if not 6, 8 or 10. Even at the minumum of 4 per person, per day, that 20 beverages that would cost $3 each in the parks/restaraunts. There's $60.

snacks, appetizers & desserts - we use these to supplement our other meals in WDW, and easily save $50 a day for a family of 5 having these at our convenience.

So if I crunch that's $160 a day for us, we worth the $80 extra per day we paid for the CL upgrade. And it's not all about the food - it's the whole CL experience.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I think troll is right. Won the trip? This says otherwise:

Quote:
Two Adults staying 2 nights at the swan and 5 nights at the boardwalk inn.

Total price we are paying for a rental car, two round trip flights from long island, all of our hotel nights, and two 6 day non-hopper tickets=

$1,660. Yep. That's everything except for what we will pay for food and souvenirs. How? Free flights, free rental car, and two free nights at the swan all with credit card sign up bonuses. Also getting a TA rate on one park ticket and on the boardwalk inn. I could never afford it without these deals!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Yes. And the clown isn't that bad. I much prefer that pool over SB (almost as over-hyped as Dole Whips)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: