Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Dream39
Earning My Ears

Contemporary Resort for couples

Hello all,I was wondering who has been to the Contemporary resort & is it a couple-friendly resort? My husband & I are going in May.
Dream39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I'm not sure what you mean by couple-friendly. It would help us answer your question if you'd give us a bit more info on what you're looking for in a resort, or what you wouldn't want in a resort.

The Disney resorts, CR included, are kind of everything-friendly. You'll see all ages there, from babies to elderly couples. Lots of kids, or course. Couples, singles, groups of friends traveling together, families of every description.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
hgeisler
DIS Veteran

My hubby and I stayed there pre-children We had a theme park view room, and it was pretty quiet.I've heard people mention Chef Mickey's can get noisy, but we stayed there a few times and never heard it.
hgeisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

CR couple

I'm the other half of a couple and we enjoyed two visits at the Polynesian and will be switching to CR Theme Park View Tower, but not to avoid kids. The monorail resorts are the most ideal for families with a need for a quick nap in the hot crowded afternoons so they should be packed with kids. Cost of rooms serve to discourage it. Stayed twice at the CR when our kids we with us but could only afford the Garden View rooms. Now we are finally able to spring for the tower room and nothing else matters. Walking to and from the MK is worth a mint at gate opening and park closings. California Grille view is romantic! Those in love can't hear any noise. Oh wait that's only when my hearing aid is turned down.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Havana
DIS Veteran

We stay here without kids and it is great for couples!
Great location for transportation, and lots of signature dining to choose from!

Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

DH and I stayed at the CR a couple years ago and it was great. We were there during peak summer season and it never seemed crazy busy with kids. We had a great time sitting in the bar at The Wave in the evenings and having a drink.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

The contemporary freaking rocks. Don't let anyone tell you different.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
Dream39
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for your valuable input! & Lynn M sorry I probably should have been more in detail,when I meant "couple friendly"I guess I was meaning to say,is the ratio usually more comprised of couples rather than families,not that we mind kids,we just want to enjoy the time we have bc this honestly is probably our last vaca before we start planning a family ourselves. I am so excited,I guess the reason we chose the CR is bc of the convenience,my husband is all about convenience over value,hehe I read unfortunately that while we're there, the California Grill is under refurb. Which is a downer since I was really looking forward to eating there. But I can't wait to try out the Wave & also get myself a glowing Martini from Outer Rim bar!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream39 View Post
Thanks everyone for your valuable input! & Lynn M sorry I probably should have been more in detail,when I meant "couple friendly"I guess I was meaning to say,is the ratio usually more comprised of couples rather than families,not that we mind kids,we just want to enjoy the time we have bc this honestly is probably our last vaca before we start planning a family ourselves. I am so excited,I guess the reason we chose the CR is bc of the convenience,my husband is all about convenience over value,hehe I read unfortunately that while we're there, the California Grill is under refurb. Which is a downer since I was really looking forward to eating there. But I can't wait to try out the Wave & also get myself a glowing Martini from Outer Rim bar!
I can honestly say that there's no resort on Disney property that has more couples than kids, and the same is probably true of most hotels in Central Fl. It's just a very kid-oriented area. You might find that the higher-end offsite resorts like the Waldorf and the Four Seasons would have a higher proportion of adult guests.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
clapton
Mouseketeer

The CR is a great hotel, the rooms are large and comfortable and the location and being on the monorail is great. Unfortunately we haven't stayed at the hotel in years but we are DVC owners at BLT and get to enjoy the amenities at the hotel. CR was the first hotel we stayed at when we first went to WDW so it will always be special to us! Enjoy and have a great time!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
Dream39
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapton
The CR is a great hotel, the rooms are large and comfortable and the location and being on the monorail is great. Unfortunately we haven't stayed at the hotel in years but we are DVC owners at BLT and get to enjoy the amenities at the hotel. CR was the first hotel we stayed at when we first went to WDW so it will always be special to us! Enjoy and have a great time!
Thank you! By the way how is Bay Lake Tower? I've heard good things about staying there as well.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #12
Dream39
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M

I can honestly say that there's no resort on Disney property that has more couples than kids, and the same is probably true of most hotels in Central Fl. It's just a very kid-oriented area. You might find that the higher-end offsite resorts like the Waldorf and the Four Seasons would have a higher proportion of adult guests.
Thanks! I'm sure you're right,I guess I was under the impression before that the value resorts were more overrun with mainly families compared to the mod/deluxe ones,but I would def expect there to be a good number at CR as well especially bc of the location. & thanks, we'll prob end up staying every time at a Disney resort just for the convenience & perks
Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #13
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Hello all,I was wondering who has been to the Contemporary resort & is it a couple-friendly resort? My husband & I are going in May.
Quote:
We can definitely understand what you are asking - we are a couple with no kids who travel to Disney regularly. Reality is you are going to run into a lot kids everywhere at Disney, including the resort hotels. You can't get away from kids at Disney. Saying that, the ratio of adults to kids may be greater with the Contemporary is a convention center.

Another option would be the Coronado Springs resort - which is also a convention center.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

love BLT - it has all the conveniences of the CR w/o having the white noise.

you generally won't heard anything in your room with the door closed because it uses white noise very well.

did not even realize it was white noise until we went to a 1-bedroom at OKW after staying at CR w/MK view. on the tape it definitely showed how much quieter OKW is.

so now have a BLT to walk to the MK. have bwv to walk to Studios and Epcot.

in values you will find that Pop Century attracts more couples and singles than the other values.

not sure in the moderates.

CR has the same advantages that BLT has - if you want to eat some place else besides CR - then you have the monorail for Polyn and GF - a boat for WL and FW - and you can walk to the MK - you can also monorail to Epcot.

it has a great amount of activities and for me that makes it pretty wonderfully

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #15
staceymarie
Mouseketeer

I think it rocks! It's our favorite.
August 2011--Wilderness Lodge
April 2012-Contemporary Resort
August 2012-Contemporary AGAIN!!
Wilderness Lodge! April 15-19, 2013
ASMO December 1, 2014-one day stay
Up Next--ASMO 3/14/14 and CSR 3/15-3/18/14