Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
theAfamily
Earning My Ears

What combination of strollers?

So we are going to Disney in late March again and I'm not sure which stroller combination to use this time.. the kids who need a strollers will be a 7 month old, 2 year old twins, a 4 year old, and 6 year old twins.(Yes its a lot of kids.. lets just say not all of them were planned! lol) So Im not sure which stroller combination to do. We have a triple stroller(which i don't prefer because its hard to move around in big crowds) 2 double strollers, and 3 single strollers. So my question is which strollers should we bring and who should sit in which ones? My husband and I can each push one, we have 3 older kids who are very capable of pushing some, and our nanny is coming so we wont be short of amount of people to push them but I just don't know which ones to bring. Our youngest was only 1 month old when we last went to Disney in August so she obviously was in a carrier in a single stroller but now she will be big enough to sit up and could sit in double if needed. So what are your recommendations? We could also rent strollers or buy new ones.. thanks for your help!

The Big A Family! Family of 14!

Molly Bert

Derik (19) Rachel and Gracie (15) Piper, Lexie, and Kylie (9) Bentley and Chloe (6) Brooke (4) Samuel and Sadie (3) Sophie (11 months)

Went to WDW with entire family on 8/12/12
theAfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

Nm
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

I would take the two doubles and two single strollers. I would sit the twins in the same double stroller because they weight about the same and will distribute the weight evenly and the two single children can ride in the two single strollers.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

I am worn out with one set of twins so all I can say is wow!!! Anyway, do you think the six year olds will just need a stroller to rest here and there, maybe not all the time? Thinking that perhaps they can share one or even alternate in and out with the 4 year old (but you know your children best). Also, how big are the 6 year olds in terms of height and weight? I think the pp had the right idea but depending on your strollers, I am not sure if they will hold 2 6 year olds (unless they are tiny). I would bring two doubles (dividing the 4 youngest among the seats) then maybe one single if you think the 6 year olds can share or two singles for each six year old (and once again, checking height and weight). I am still amazed. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
theAfamily
Earning My Ears

Bentley is 44 inches tall and 41 pounds
Chloe is 42 inches tall and 38 pounds..
(they are both pretty skinny)

and yes i was contemplating not bringing a stroller for the 6 year olds but I cant decide. I just don't want to get there and be dealing with tons of complaining.

The Big A Family! Family of 14!

Molly Bert

Derik (19) Rachel and Gracie (15) Piper, Lexie, and Kylie (9) Bentley and Chloe (6) Brooke (4) Samuel and Sadie (3) Sophie (11 months)

Went to WDW with entire family on 8/12/12
theAfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAfamily View Post

and yes i was contemplating not bringing a stroller for the 6 year olds but I cant decide. I just don't want to get there and be dealing with tons of complaining.

This is why we ended up buying a cheapy stroller when we went to the LAND last November. My 6 year old was tired and whining so DH ran to Wal-Mart and got a $20 stroller that the 2 year old actually preferred and the 6 year old sat in my other one.

That's a LOT of twins, I don't know how you do it!

I'd probably bring 2 doubles and maybe a Peg P3 or a stroller with a foot board? 4 strollers just seems like SO many to have to keep track of!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: