Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
SWAMPBO
Earning My Ears

Grand Floridian rooms

I have heard the grand Floridian rooms are dated. Is there a particular level or location that are nicer? Outer building vs main? A particular view?
SWAMPBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Not sure where you heard this but the rooms are hardly "dated". They are themed to fit with the whole victorian GF look but they are all nice.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

All of the rooms are the same as far as decor, whether they are in the main building or in one of the outer buildings. As far as views, I don't think there is a bad view from anywhere at the GF. Staying in the main building (which is all CL) is the most convenient as your room is just an elevator ride away from the monorail, shopping, and dining. With that said, we have stayed in the main building as well as outer buildings and it's not bad getting around the resort as the grounds are not that spread out.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
goherdibg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBO View Post
I have heard the grand Floridian rooms are dated. Is there a particular level or location that are nicer? Outer building vs main? A particular view?
The only problem I had with the GF was the lack of storage. If I remember correctly, our room (theme park view outer building) had 4 small drawers in the TV stand for clothes for the 4 of us - and that was it. Not a deal breaker, just would be nice to be able to put most of our suitcase items in drawers and put the suitcases in the closet. In the Grand, we had to leave some of the suitcases out which took up quite a bit of floor space.

I think the WL and Poly both had 8 large drawers in their TV stands and we were able to put all of the suitcases in the closet. Not 100% sure of the number but I do know we were able to put away the suitcases.
goherdibg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
FairestOfThemAll37
Mouseketeer

While the rooms may be made to look "dated" they also feel very dated and imho are not worth the premium price. I have stayed in both one of the outer building rooms and in a concierge room in the main building and was not impressed with either one.

The room we stayed in located in the outer building had a horrible mildew musty smell. They moved us to another room that had the exact same smell. The main building room didn't smell but seemed much smaller than other deluxe resorts we have stayed in. For the cost of the rooms at GF I wouldn't stay there again. The prettiest part of that hotel is the lobby.
FairestOfThemAll37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
LuvDisney19
Earning My Ears

Exclamation

At this point in time you may want to consider the major construction at GF. Not making little of your room question. It's just a very expensive resort and during construction phase you may have to make some compromises.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: