Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Daisy Dog
Earning My Ears

Advice on Beach Club Resort

We are considering a stay at the Beach Club this July. We haven't stayed there before and thought the pictures look beautiful. I have a few questions as to the resort layout. Is there only one main building that makes up this resort? I like the idea of being at a resort that isn't spread out among several different buildings. Are there any options for resorts like this? I noticed with most of the resorts they are quite spread out among many different buildings for food, resort rooms etc. We have only stayed at CBR and All Star Sports resort. I heard POFQ is nice and compact but our party size exceeds the limit. What is the set up for the beach club? Is it very large and difficult to get around?
Thanks for any tips!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Dog View Post
We are considering a stay at the Beach Club this July. We haven't stayed there before and thought the pictures look beautiful. I have a few questions as to the resort layout. Is there only one main building that makes up this resort? I like the idea of being at a resort that isn't spread out among several different buildings. Are there any options for resorts like this? I noticed with most of the resorts they are quite spread out among many different buildings for food, resort rooms etc. We have only stayed at CBR and All Star Sports resort. I heard POFQ is nice and compact but our party size exceeds the limit. What is the set up for the beach club? Is it very large and difficult to get around?
Thanks for any tips!
BC is one main building. YC is connected to BC. The BCVillas are connected by a covered walkway to the BC. Cape May Buffet is located in the lobby of the BC. Beaches and Cream is just outside the lobby along the sidewalk that runs between the BC/YC complex and Stormalong Bay (SAB). Hurricane Hannah's is along the boardwalk on the other side of SAB.

Contemporary Resort is similar - one large building with dining and shopping within the building (but also a smaller wing building connected by a covered walkway). BLT is the DVC component and a separate building connected by an overhead walkway.

Polynesian is multiple buildings. GF is multiple buildings.

AKL is one building (Jambo House) with two floors of DVC villas (fifth and sixth floors). Kidani village is one building about 1/2 mile from Jambo House (it is all DCV villas).

WL is one building with the DVC component (VWL) connected by a covered walkway. Dining and shopping located within WL.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

One of the reasons we picked the Beach Club is that it's one of the smaller resorts and you don't have to walk outside to grab something from the shop, fill your mug, etc. It is a really beautiful resort, and we fell in love with it when we went to check it out last year. Being steps away from Epcot, and a short boat ride to DHS clinched it for us.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Yes, it's all one building (with the YC attached). The BC is wonderful, but it does have very long hallways (but at least if it's pouring rain outside you won't get wet on the way to your room). If you prefer to be closer to the lobby elevators, just request it when you book a room.

We've stayed at YC/BC during some serious downpours and were always happy that we could get to the lobby, the shops, and the restaurants without getting soaked.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Kimberle
WL Vet

Quote:
Thanks for any tips!
Hi, We've stayed at BC once and are staying again in April. It's a lovely resort. It is under 1 roof. It is connected to the YC. It's large, but not so big you can't find your way around. The public area's are on the 1st floor. It's a easy walk to Epcot. There is a boat to Epcot as well as HS. You can walk to HS, but it is rather long. The pool area is lovely. The 2 drawbacks (for me) is not very much in the way of counter service and they share buses with YC/BWI/S/D. (At least during our stay, all 5 resorts shared.) But it's not enough to keep us from staying as we are going back!

WL is the smallest deluxe resort and is under 1 roof. AKL is also under 1 roof. We normally visit in August, so being under 1 roof during the afternoon storms is priceless!
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Daisy Dog
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the help! Sounds great! Can't wait to stay there!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the help! Sounds great! Can't wait to stay there!!
You might want to check out the first couple pages of this thread for tons of great info on the Beach Club resort.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785
Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

You can still end up walking quite a way between the lobby and your room but it is all in one large building.

We stayed at the Poly in the Samoa and were actually quite a bit closer to the lobby/restaurants there than we were at the Beach Club. When you do your room requests for the Beach Club you might want to note that you want to be near the front desk, etc. if that is what is most important to you.

The Contemporary (main building) and the Swan/Dolphin actually have the most traditional "hotel" layout. You go in the lobby and you can only really go up, which makes you fewer steps to the lobby than in a resort that has a lower profile but a bigger footprint.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: