Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Help me appreciate the swan and dolphin

I know the title of this thread is kind of silly, but I am having a hard time getting excited about the hotel. We are staying there for two nights before we go to the boardwalk inn. I kind of feel like it will be a big tease- we will be right next to the boardwalk but not staying there for a few more days. The only reason we are going to the swan is because it is free on credit card points. Should we stick with it or switch to somewhere else like a moderate? Maybe the swan is great and I am wrong?
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

the Swan and Dolphin are both great hotels..we have stayed there many times and have enjoyed the atmosphere of both..
You are right where you want to be ..close to the Boardwalk ..Epcot and the Studios...
Hope you enjoy yourselves on your vacation

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba
the Swan and Dolphin are both great hotels..we have stayed there many times and have enjoyed the atmosphere of both..
You are right where you want to be ..close to the Boardwalk ..Epcot and the Studios...
Hope you enjoy yourselves on your vacation
Thanks, pretty good advice coming from a stinky warthog. Did you clear a savannah after your last meal?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Does the Boardwalk offer a 24 hr eatery or 24 hr room service food? Try not to miss it too much when you leave there. (As we did in a split stay. And don't forget to use your AAA card for a discount on food.)

I know the Boardwalk doesn't have Heavenly Beds.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
jiminyfan
Daddy, Dreamer and WDWnut

Thumbs up We stayed at both and we prefer ......

The Swan and Dolphin to the BW. To us the BW is the least Disney resort of the Disney resorts. The pool at S&D blows the BW away. Restaurants are also a lot better, Shulas is the best steak on property. BlueZoo is a wonderful seafood restaurant and offers choices not at the Flying Fish and the food is as good if not better.

Lets talk price U get more for a lot less. A deluxe resort for a moderate price. You cannot go wrong.

Go in with an open mind and you will realize the you do not miss out on anything except sending your packages back and chargeback privileges.

April 2014
Son and his school is performed at Downtown Disney and the band lead the Good Friday Parade
Wonderful Time and great shows by the students

August 2014 - First AoA stay And it was great, added a few extra days at CSR

November 2014 - Decided to end the AP year with one more trip. Stay at Coronado again. Forgot how much we lve this place.

jiminyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

I appreciate that over Easter week my short stay at the Dolphin is costing me $240 per night, whereas I'd be paying $600 per night at the other Epcot resorts for those same nights...

Seriously though, the Swan and Dolphin are great - you can't beat the location, the beds, and the pools. While the pool is no SAB, it is larger and less crowded (usually) than the main pool at the BWI.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyfan
The Swan and Dolphin to the BW. To us the BW is the least Disney resort of the Disney resorts. The pool at S&D blows the BW away. Restaurants are also a lot better, Shulas is the best steak on property. BlueZoo is a wonderful seafood restaurant and offers choices not at the Flying Fish and the food is as good if not better.

Lets talk price U get more for a lot less. A deluxe resort for a moderate price. You cannot go wrong.

Go in with an open mind and you will realize the you do not miss out on anything except sending your packages back and chargeback privileges.
If the boardwalk is the least disney for you, what is the most disney?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Maybe we should pay for an upgraded view at swan. What category is most ideal?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

My family and I have stayed at the Dolphin two years in a row and it is our favorite hotel! My DD cried when I told her we would not be staying at the Polynesian again, but once we arrived at the Dolphin and stayed the first time, she said she wanted to stay at the Dolphin from now on The rooms are so comfortable, staff friendly, love the boats and proximity to Epcot and HS, pool is amazing, you can see fireworks from both Epcot and some from Fantasmic from the pool at night, Food is really good, especially the pool bar, and you can't beat the prices! I was worried it wouldn't feel like Disney because of the lack of theming, however, when you look out at the Epcot ball or the Tower of Terror every day, and you hear the friendship boats horn calling, you know you are home and right in the middle of Disney! Oh and the Boardwalk at night is also a lot of fun! We rounded out our evenings every night there! We are taking a break this year to try AKL, but next year we will be right back at the Dolphin!
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
lissiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
Piglet54
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the Dolphin for two nights in August then moving to the AKL for 4 nights. We are planning to park hop maybe 1 or 2 of the days--the rest of the days will be spent at or around the resorts or at other dining locations outside the parks. It will be a relaxing romantic vacation and some great dining. Thanks for the info and tips on having fun and relaxing outside the theme parks
Old 03-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
Morning Nala
Earning My Ears

Glad to read some of your replies. We will be staying at The Dolphin for the first time after spending several years at Disney themed resorts. I was hesitant, but we love this location. Glad to hear we won't be disappointed.
Morning Nala is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: