Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
mardonna
Mouseketeer

Phones for med trip

We will be in Europe from July 1st-July 26th with extended stays in France, and Spain. The rest of the trip will be on eastern med cruise... visiting Italy, Turkey, Greece, and Malta.....I know that are US phones will be extremely expensive in Europe and mine doesn't even work there. I have 2 Virgin phones I bought in London in 2010 that are pay as you go.....will these work in the other countries or do I need to purchase new phones when when arrive, I would love to hear your thoughts.
mardonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardonna View Post
We will be in Europe from July 1st-July 26th with extended stays in France, and Spain. The rest of the trip will be on eastern med cruise... visiting Italy, Turkey, Greece, and Malta.....I know that are US phones will be extremely expensive in Europe and mine doesn't even work there. I have 2 Virgin phones I bought in London in 2010 that are pay as you go.....will these work in the other countries or do I need to purchase new phones when when arrive, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Those Virgin PAYG phones should be fine. My oldest daughter goes to college in London and has a Virgin PAYG phone that she has used when traveling in Europe. I think the per minute/text rate is more once on the Continent than within the UK, but you can check that rate online.

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
mardonna
Mouseketeer

Uk phones

I just got my old LG UK phones charged and when I took out sims card and tried to register it said card was invalid.....is it best to just purchase new sims card with a paris number since that is where I will be using phones.....? If I need to purchhase pay as you go phones in Paris....which compnay is best to use
mardonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: