Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

We are visiting in June and this tour is high on our list to do. I know I can book 30 days out and there are only 15 people per tour, which isn't a lot. There are 4 of us in our party. So I was wondering if anyone has ever called to booked and not been able to because it was filled. We are limited to 2 days that we can do this and I'm afraid there is a possibility won't get in. Thanks.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

I'm curious about this also...we too want to do this during our June trip.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

We are taking this tour on Sunday 2/24. I called the morning of 1/24 and got in without issue. There are only two of us though. I recommend calling first thing in the morning 30 days out from when you want to book. Good luck!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
mdsd8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
We are taking this tour on Sunday 2/24. I called the morning of 1/24 and got in without issue. There are only two of us though. I recommend calling first thing in the morning 30 days out from when you want to book. Good luck!
Thanks Crystal for your input. Definitely will call as soon as it opens 30 days out. Do you know time that is?

Enjoy your upcoming tour. Post your thoughts when you come back. Would love to hear all about it.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

We did this tour back in November and I booked right when the window opened (for 2 of us) we had a friend who booked a few days later without problem but it was just her. The tour was full when we checked in. I have heard that since the addition of Walts apartment in the possible tour stops enrollment has been up so I would not risk it by waiting.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd8700

Thanks Crystal for your input. Definitely will call as soon as it opens 30 days out. Do you know time that is?

Enjoy your upcoming tour. Post your thoughts when you come back. Would love to hear all about it.
What day of the week do you have to call? Mine is a Sunday, so that is 8am PST.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
mdsd8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut View Post
Are you staying at one of the Disneyland Hotels? If so, the Disneyland Vacation Planning Team can book this for you.
Edited to add: You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tour....I took it in October and seeing Walt's Apartment was the highlight of the trip!!!!!!!!
Yes we are using our points and staying at the VGC. This is our 5th trip to DLR and I didn't realize there was a Disneyland Vacation Planning Team. I will look into that, thanks!

The whole reason I want to take the tour is just to be in Walt's Apartment. I get giddy just thinking of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
We did this tour back in November and I booked right when the window opened (for 2 of us) we had a friend who booked a few days later without problem but it was just her. The tour was full when we checked in. I have heard that since the addition of Walts apartment in the possible tour stops enrollment has been up so I would not risk it by waiting.
Thanks for your input. I definitely would not wait to book, but since there are such a few allowed I was concerned it would sell out nearly immediately. Especially since I need 4 spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
What day of the week do you have to call? Mine is a Sunday, so that is 8am PST.
I need to call on a Monday.

Thanks everyone for your help, I greatly appreciate it!!

Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsd8700 View Post
We are visiting in June and this tour is high on our list to do. I know I can book 30 days out and there are only 15 people per tour, which isn't a lot. There are 4 of us in our party. So I was wondering if anyone has ever called to booked and not been able to because it was filled. We are limited to 2 days that we can do this and I'm afraid there is a possibility won't get in. Thanks.
Are you staying at one of the Disneyland Hotels? If so, the Disneyland Vacation Planning Team can book this for you. We have had them book tours for us with no problems (although we are only 2 people but we were able to get the Holiday Time Tour on Christmas Day through them).

Edited to add: You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tour....I took it in October and seeing Walt's Apartment was the highlight of the trip!!!!!!!!

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
grumpyskirtgirl
Mouseketeer

I can respond to the allergy question.I have celiac and therefore a gluten allergy.

I took the Christmas tour. I could not eat any of the snacks offered along the way. I was given an alternate snack at the end. It was supposed to be ready when everyone else was snacking, but it wasn't. Not a big deal to me at all. But they will definitely work with you.

As for being worried about not making the tour, I wouldn't be TOO concerned. Yes the tour is limited to a small group, but there was 3 groups doing the exact same tour at the same time as us. So really there was close to 50 people hanging around waiting to go.

Loved, loved, loved the tour. Will be doing one every time we go now. Even my 5 & 6 year olds loved it. And their grandmas were in heaven.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: