Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

My opinion on Caribbean Beach

We are back from a week at CBR. First time at a moderate. We have only stayed at deluxe resorts so that is all i have to compare to....Overall i liked it. The theme is nice, the pool was great, the food court was fine and we ate at Shutters 2 x and it was really good!
My only issue is actually two things. I didnt think the room was the cleanest on check in. There was a piece of candy on the floor by the bed, and a cap to a hairspray or something.
But there was nothing else too bad.

I dont like to have anyone in the room, so i always leave the privacy sign up and the housekeepers always leave a bag of supplies. They did this but they never included toilet paper. So we had to ask for that.

My other issue is the first day i ordered water delivery and as we were leaving for the park i called the front desk and told them i would pick it up there on our way back.......i put the privacy sign on the doorknob and we left.
Well upon return we found the case of water in the room.

I get that they did it to be helpful but the privacy sign should mean do not enter the room. That really bugged me, i didnt say anything but i wanted to.
What if someone was in the room ill or sleeping?

The bus was fine, no issues, no long waits. Longest i think we waited was about 5 - 10 min tops.
We were in trinidad north.
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Coming into the room with a privacy sign would bug me too
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

That would anoy me too. The only comment I have on the water delivery is that when you call the front desk, you are actually speaking to the call center and not your hotel's front desk. But, that still doesn't excuse them ignoring the do not disturb sign.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

I generally like the moderates, but CBR is not my favorite. My biggest issue was the distance there! We stayed in one of the PoTC rooms when they first opened and while the room was great, it was SUCH a long walk (and under a dark bridge) that we didn't go back to the food court area for drinks (we normally do this every night at WDW). I also didn't find buses there to be as convenient as they are at some of the other moderates (because of the number of guests, there were several times that a bus got to our stop and was already full, that kind of thing)
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
That would anoy me too. The only comment I have on the water delivery is that when you call the front desk, you are actually speaking to the call center and not your hotel's front desk. But, that still doesn't excuse them ignoring the do not disturb sign.
I didn't know that! I used the phone in the room and the button marked front desk. I just assumed i was getting someone there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaschitz View Post
I generally like the moderates, but CBR is not my favorite. My biggest issue was the distance there! We stayed in one of the PoTC rooms when they first opened and while the room was great, it was SUCH a long walk (and under a dark bridge) that we didn't go back to the food court area for drinks (we normally do this every night at WDW). I also didn't find buses there to be as convenient as they are at some of the other moderates (because of the number of guests, there were several times that a bus got to our stop and was already full, that kind of thing)
i think we just got lucky on the buses. It was very crowded at the parks all week. We had a rental car as well because we were also there for an event at the convention center. I anticipated using the car the car all week, but as it turned out we used the bus for all park trips and the car only to go to the convention ctr and a day at sea world.
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the honest CBR review. Fortunately, we've never encountered any dirty room problems during any of our stays. Perhaps, mousekeeping could have come in and cleaned the room once you found it a bit dirty and then stayed out during the remainder of the stay. I agree that the privacy sign should have been honored by bell services.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: