Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
stampinot
Mouseketeer

Eastern Carribean cruise excursions

Looking for some good ideas for this cruise. Any suggestions would be appreciated
stampinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
IrenicMom
DIS Veteran

My very favorite excursion was the private tour we did with Bernard himself of Bernard's tours on St Maarten. Love love love!

We did Magen's Bay beach break in St Thomas, and other than some crabby beach attendants who had very definite rules for the placement of beach chairs, it was great.

1979 - Ft. Wilderness * 1984, 1992 & 1998 - Offsite * 1996 - Grand Floridian * 1997 & 2004 - Caribbean Beach * 2006 - Contemporary & Wilderness Lodge *
* 2007 - Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge * 2008 - Swan * 2009 - Dolphin * 2010 - PO Riverside * 2011 - Polynesian & Vero Beach * 2012 - Boardwalk *

DCL Sailed
Wonder 6/09, 10/10, 4/13 * Dream 4/12 * Fantasy 6/12
DCL Upcoming
Magic April 7, 2014 4-night Bahamas
Wonder June 9,2014 7-night Alaskan
IrenicMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Another vote for Bernard's Tours in St Maarten. We loved it.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ern+excursions
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

We have been to St. Thomas three times, twice on a cruise and for a 7-night trip to the VIs. We LOVE the VIs both U.S. and British.
Suggestions:
1 - Taxi to Coki Beach and/or Coral World. We did these two places together twice. We went to CW first and got a locker and used their restrooms and showers. We bought burgers and fries there too. It is easy to get a taxi over and back. Look CW up on their website.
Coki Beach

DD#4 on Coki

2 – Taxi to Secret Harbour Beach Resort – (Check out their website). It is a quiet, private beach, with a dive shop where you can rent snorkel gear.
Great snorkeling, right from the beach.
We swam with a sea turtle every afternoon.

Swimming with our buddy

Sitting in the shade - see our toes?
3 – OR THE BEST FOR LAST - Hundreds of cruisers do this EVERYDAY – Take a taxi to Red Hook, a ferry to St. John and (a) – explore Cruz Bay, (b) taxi to Trunk Bay (c) rent a jeep and explore on your own. There are many wonderful beaches and a lot of people poo poo Trunk Bay for tourist crowds. We went on our own both times and not with a group. It was fine both times – tour groups rush in and out and you have a lot of time to yourself. I love Trunk Bay. If I were staying longer I would go somewhere else but is a wonderful place. (A reason to return). I consider St. John Heaven on Earth.

Trunk Bay

Took this one while snorkeling at Trunk
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008
Mom24Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom24Princesses
THE BEST FOR LAST - Hundreds of cruisers do this EVERYDAY – Take a taxi to Red Hook, a ferry to St. John and (a) – explore Cruz Bay, (b) taxi to Trunk Bay (c) rent a jeep and explore on your own. There are many wonderful beaches and a lot of people poo poo Trunk Bay for tourist crowds. We went on our own both times and not with a group. It was fine both times – tour groups rush in and out and you have a lot of time to yourself. I love Trunk Bay. If I were staying longer I would go somewhere else but is a wonderful place. (A reason to return). I consider St. John Heaven on Earth.
I adore St John. If I was rich, I'd move there in one hot minute.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: