Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Where is HOME? OR have you found it yet???

Interested to know
Do you ONLY stay at one resort....one you fell in love with and won't stay anywhere else
OR
Are you trying different resorts, have a couple you love but trying them all till you decide on your "home" at Disney?
OR do you love them all and it doesn't matter as long as its Disney?
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

My home resort is POR.

I actually took a savings one year on the 4/3 deal; thinking I had all the amentities at SSR that were at POR. But I was wrong.

I forgot about the incredible staff; the lush landscaping; the food court; the lounge and entertainment.

The only common denominator was that I had boat transportation available at both resorts.

It is going to take a pretty big discount to get me to stay anywhere else.
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
Interested to know
Do you ONLY stay at one resort....one you fell in love with and won't stay anywhere else
OR
Are you trying different resorts, have a couple you love but trying them all till you decide on your "home" at Disney?
OR do you love them all and it doesn't matter as long as its Disney?
Beach club #1
Wilderness Lodge #2
Port Orleans #3 (on a budget)
Bonnet Creek #4 (off site)

any of the pops or other cheap resorts NEVER! Motel 6's with disney charecters painted on the walls is not us.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
Magalex
DIS Veteran

We decide on a resort on what type of discount is offered to us. We do have our favorites or favorite "areas" of the resorts we stayed. For example We always had great room location when we stay at CBR & love the tropical overall feel of the resort but I am not the biggest fan of the food court. I enjoy the POP food court & room location has been just OK. We are returning to WDW in June 2014 & hoping to stay at POR. Another factor for us is that if we visit in June I want a resort that have the bus stops covered because of heat & rain storms. If we visit during a cooler season values are just as great. I wish I can take more trips to jump around to more resorts.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
WDW 2015-POR
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Mom loves Disney
DIS Veteran

WL #1 for Christmas
BC#2 Warm weather
Wilderness Lodge Dec. 2007 Boardwalk March 2014
All Star Music June 2008
Wilderness Lodge Dec. 2008
CSR Dec. 2009
CSR Dec. 2011
Pop Century April 2012
Mom loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
bennifer
Mouseketeer

We've stayed at ASMo, CSR, CBR, SSR and offsite. I keep going back to the Coronado Springs. I love everything about it. I have great memories from all of the resorts, but when we stay anywhere else, my heart is always at CSR. I'll still keep trying others, though!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom loves Disney View Post
WL #1 for Christmas
BC#2 Warm weather
I hope I agree....

We stayed at WL last Christmas and are going to try BC for our upcoming May trip. I keep thinking I should switch back to WL, but I figured we'll give it a try.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Our family can't decide between a few, in this order:

Boardwalk
Fort Wilderness Cabins
Old Key West
All Star Music Family Suites

Price and discounts determine where we stay. Next trip we're trying Bonnet Creek for about 1/6 the price of the Boardwalk. We'll see how we feel about missing the Disney bubble.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Fratthouse
Mouseketeer

We like trying out all of the different resorts! So far we've stayed at GF, Contemporary, the Poly, and have a trip scheduled at the AKL for this December. We have really liked things about each of these resorts (had a major issue with our room at the poly, but it was most likely just something with our specific room and not the resort on the whole). But we haven't stayed anywhere we absolutely have to go back to. Our favorite was probably the MK view at the contemporary. Definitely want to try out one of the Epcot area resorts - what a neat area and how convenient!!

Grand Floridian 2009
Contemporary 2010
Poly 2012
Contemporary 2013 CL
Animal Kingdom Villas 2013
Off-site July 2014
Boardwalk CL Sept 2014
Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 2014
Fratthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

My "Home" is Poly I love the monorail, the TS restaurants and QS. Bonus, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kona Island Sushi Bar and Tambu lounge! The tropical feel, and tiki lit paths are paradise. Their is nothing better than sitting on the beach at any given time and seeing that castle. I have stayed at WL twice(before kids) and I LOVED it there too, but for my family(DS3 and DS8months) the monorail works well with 2 sleeping little ones in a double stroller. I have also stayed at the AKL(3Bedroom Grand Villa) and as beautiful as that room was, the resort was way to big for me...maybe it was the location of our room that made it feel that way, but the Poly holds my heart
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom loves Disney View Post
WL #1 for Christmas
BC#2 Warm weather
This is pretty much how my family feels too.

I think WL will always be our #1, and it's our "home" in WDW.

However, when we go in the warmer months you just can't beat BC/YC. We actually slightly prefer YC over BC, but either will do.

We also really, really loved the Poly, but have only tried it once and only for 3 nights. We still hope to stay at all the WDW resorts some day, so even tho we love some, we don't always stick with those.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Have to say my daughter and I definitely prefer the monorail resorts!!! My son likes WL, POP and YC. My husband likes space so BLT 1bdrm/2bdrm for him. Us girls like monorail first and CL as a bonus. I really dont like to cook and truly enjoy the few times we have had club level! I have stayed at all except BC, BWI, and SS. Have to say which ever resort I am at staying at is then my favorite at that time. I love them all. However Poly would be perfect if they just get to it and put in the hot tub already!!!

Next mom n me girl trip is DD 18th bday staying CS Business class then moving to Poly CL and one night at AOA in mermaid. Yep it will be busy but cant afford Poly at Easter rates so.... do what you have to do.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I've stayed at almost every resort except for CBR and the All Stars. I own DVC and although BCV is my home resort, I've stayed in all of those except BLT.

My favorite overall is BWI, especially if I can stay at the Innkeepers Club. This resort has it all. Great location by my favorite park, the friendliest cast members, great decor, great room views, easy walking distance to most of my favorite restaurants and I even like the clown pool and the bar there !!!
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #14
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

I generally always go on Disney vacations with my fiance, so we like to move around and stay at new resorts, but our first trip together we were at pop. We always like to add one or two nights there to our stay.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #15
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Home resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiSlamberg View Post
I generally always go on Disney vacations with my fiance, so we like to move around and stay at new resorts, but our first trip together we were at pop. We always like to add one or two nights there to our stay.
For me it has to be Port Orleans i've stayed in both riverside and french quarter but i love riverside with it's landscaping and the boat to Downtown disney. Now that they have the royal guest rooms i feel like a princess with out spending a huge sum. This year i'm going to have a garden veiw. I'm also going to have dinner at Boatwrights.
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: