Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Soon2beMrs.
Mouseketeer

Fantasy may cruise alcohol tasting

We sail may 4th 2013 and I'm curious what type of wine/liquor tastings they do aboard the fantasy? Has anyone been aboard the fantasy and done any of these and if so which are the best?
Soon2beMrs. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
phoenixleigh
Mouseketeer

Mixology!
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
superrach
Mouseketeer

Definitely the mixology. I did it last summer and it was a blast! Also let's you experience different types of alcohol as other tastings focus on one type. From reading others experience, the drinks seem to differ at each mixology class. Maybe the bartender who hosts it determines the drinks? You do make 4-5 though.
Disney Dream 4 nt. Bahamas, June 2013
Disney Fantasy 7nt. Eastern Caribbean, June 2012
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
superrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
DisneyBill

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2beMrs. View Post
We sail may 4th 2013 and I'm curious what type of wine/liquor tastings they do aboard the fantasy? Has anyone been aboard the fantasy and done any of these and if so which are the best?
We're on that same sailing and I too had thoughts to attend one of these. Previously did the beer tasting on the Magic and enjoyed that, so I was hoping to experience something different.

Have you visited the thread dedicated to the May 4th sailing? Not a ton of activity there, but it seems as though many are currently working FE strategy.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2822595
DisneyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
Ginger Renae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBill View Post
We're on that same sailing and I too had thoughts to attend one of these. Previously did the beer tasting on the Magic and enjoyed that, so I was hoping to experience something different.

Have you visited the thread dedicated to the May 4th sailing? Not a ton of activity there, but it seems as though many are currently working FE strategy.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2822595
Our group has migrated to Facebook. You can find a link to our FB group in the DIS thread...
Ginger Renae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Have done the Beer and Tequila tasting last April on the Magic and enjoyed both. Really enjoyed the Tequila tasting because it was my in-laws and my DW and I. I really want to do the Mixology on the Fantasy this April.

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
DisneyBill

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Renae View Post
Our group has migrated to Facebook. You can find a link to our FB group in the DIS thread...
That's great for some except the whole world is not on facebook believe it or not.

Last edited by DisneyBill; 02-19-2013 at 11:28 PM.
DisneyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Ginger Renae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBill View Post
That's great for some except the whole world is not on facebook believe it or not.
Well, then post in the DIS meet thread. While it isn't as active as we are on Facebook, people are still reading and responding...
Ginger Renae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
moremouse
Mouseketeer

Tastings

We just got back Saturday from our Fantasy sailing. I attended the Champange tasting, and my husband the Martini tasting. He said his was way more like drinking shots.

My tasting was great. I learned a lot about the history of Champagne. I was just an "okay, let's have Champagne" sort of person before it. It all tasted the same to me.

As others have mentioned, they have mixology, tequila, whiskey, beer, wine, and a few more. It was worth the $30 for mine. I tried some that I could never afford a bottle of.
moremouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
Lsugirl2508
Earning My Ears

I did the Mixology and tequila/margarita tastings and mixology was by far the best one!! You definitely get your money's worth in alcohol and entertainment!! Daniel from England was a great instructor. The best part about it was actually being able to get behind the bar and make the drinks yourself. Definitely a must do!!
Lsugirl2508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
DLW8
DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy in September (Eastern) and there were a LOT of tastings. I would check out some recent Navigators for your itinerary to get an idea of when they are held and what they are offering as they are usually on sea days. Here are the tastings that I recall from our cruise:

Beer

Wine (3 different options)

tequila

martini (my favorite)

mixology (we had a private tasting for people from our meet group and it was a blast. Novak was our main bartender and we loved him!)

Whiskey (this is about 10 PM at night - DH went and really enjoyed it)

Champagne

They are a lot of fun, and if you go with people you know, it's even more fun. Enjoy!

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
RGLakatos
Mouseketeer

Do they typically have the same tastings on the Dream as they do on the Fantasy.....I really want to try a few if these tastings!!
RGLakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
reimero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGLakatos View Post
Do they typically have the same tastings on the Dream as they do on the Fantasy.....I really want to try a few if these tastings!!
I don't know for sure, but I do know that on the Fantasy, the tastings are largely on sea days rather than port days. My hunch is that the Dream would have fewer tastings, simply because the cruises are shorter and there isn't as much time.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #14
Lisa46xx
Earning My Ears

Another vote for Mixology! We took turns behind the bar making 5 drinks for the whole group, and it was an incredible amount of fun!! Each drink was a different style (champagne-based, martini, shot, etc.). Damien, the bartender at Skyline on the Fantasy, ran the tasting. A blast!

Almost all of the tastings were offered on sea days. Have fun!

ALASKA on the Wonder: August 2015
Back to Back W Caribbean/Bahamas on the Wonder: Feb 2014 (All 4 ships - check. Gold - check.)
Western Caribbean on the Fantasy: Jan 2013
Bahamas on the Dream: Jan 2012
Western Caribbean on the Magic: Jan 2011
Western Caribbean on the Magic: Jan 2010
Lisa46xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

We've done the wine, tequila & champagne tastings. Of the 3 the Champagne was our favorite. There was a problem with our tequila tasting, there were 3 women who were a bit "Tipsy", before they even got to the tasting. They pretty much ruined the tasting for everyone else.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: