Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
ChelMomto5
Mouseketeer

Any Suggestions for Dinner for 2?

My hubby and I would like to have a "night out" without the kids during our trip to the World in May. (We have a 17 year old who can babysit.) We usually do Ohana's but its more for me. My husband is more of a "meat and potatos" kind of guy and he would like to try something different this year.

I will miss Ohana's but I'm looking forward to trying something new. Any suggestions? I can't stress enough that my husband is Picky! I've considered HDDR. We haven't done that since our honeymoon 23 years ago.

TIA.

Michelle
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
DopeysMom
Mouseketeer

My husband is also a very picky eater. We like Le Cellier, but haven't been since they made it 2 credits on the dining plan. Honestly, his favorite meal is the Meatloaf at Wolfgang Pucks Express. Maybe go graphic a dinner there and then spend some time at downtown disney or head over to the boardwalk and go to Jellyrolls? We're headed there in less than 2 weeks and we've got out date night as dinner at BOG and then a stroll on the boardwalk.
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
myzel
Mouseketeer

My choice would be Grand Floridian Cafe. Good food nice atmosphere. Affordable.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I have a very picky meat and potatoes husband as well. Last trip we ate at places I knew he could get steak. We ate at T-Rex and Rainforest in DTD. We also ate at House of Blues in DTD. We ate at Olivia's at OKW resort. We ate at Cape May buffet at Beach Club. Dh didn't much care for that. We don't eat Crab legs. We also ate at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge and nobody in the family liked that. I have to check menus on All ears and pick places that have plain American food. We don't even bother with signatures because there is nothing he would eat there. Except maybe Yachtsman or LeCellier.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Wife and I went to Disney last month just the two of us - ate at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, Kona Cafe, Boma - A Taste of Africa at AKL and Monsieur Pauls at the France Pavilion. Enjoyed all of our meals

But....what does your husband mean by "trying something new"? How adventurous is he willing to be?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

He can get a filet at any of the Signature restaurants, and they are very good with substitutions or leaving something off if you request it.

I would recommend that you decide where you would really like to eat and then him deal with it.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
ChelMomto5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
Wife and I went to Disney last month just the two of us - ate at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, Kona Cafe, Boma - A Taste of Africa at AKL and Monsieur Pauls at the France Pavilion. Enjoyed all of our meals

But....what does your husband mean by "trying something new"? How adventurous is he willing to be?
By "try something new" he means - No Ohana's. I love it there but for him it is just ok. So, since we have gone to Ohana's the last 5 years, I'm willing to give in and try someplace else. Unfortunately, he's not that adventurous.

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. I have been pouring over the allears menus but wanted to get a few ideas. You can see the menus but don't know what the feel of the restaurant is like.

And jw50, I like the way you think! He will deal with whatever I pick..... Honestly, he wouldn't care if I said lets eat at Perkins....I would just like to go somewhere with good food and nice atmosphere!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

The best meal I've ever had at Disney was at the Brown Derby. The food, the service, the atmosphere--it was all PERFECT. I had
Crispy Phyllo Napoleon of Bleu Affinée
Char-glazed Filet of Beef
Double Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée

Since it is located in the HS park you'd need to go during park hours and have park admission for that day.

I've also had dinner at Flying Fish twice, and it was great--and I don't even eat seafood! After dinner you could stroll on the boardwalk and watch the buskers...you can even see "Wishes" from the Boardwalk, if you happen to be there at the right time. Or go out for drinks at Jellyrolls. When I was there several months ago with my sister in law, we stopped by and had a BLAST! We were both disappointed we didn't have time to go a second time that trip!

I really want to try the Yachtsman steakhouse, which is right across the lake at the YC.

If you don't want to do Signature restaurants, maybe check out Kouzzina? We went there and it was excellent. It is also on the Boardwalk, so you could make a night out of it with Jellyrolls, strolling the Boardwalk, etc.
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

I agree with the posts above Flying Fish, Brown Derby and Le Cellier are all fantastic options!!!
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: