Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Mother Gothel
Mouseketeer

Camera Bag and Issue I am Trying to Resolve

I have a brand new D3200 that I want to take with me to Disney. I need something that will really protect it on things like Rock N Rollercoaster and Big Thunder Mountain RR. Any suggestions?

I have a sling bag, but there is a bit of play in there and so the camera moves around a bit.

I would love some suggestions.
Mother Gothel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

don't stress.

your camera is much more durable that you are giving it credit for. any camera bag with padding will be fine.

You can have it be lose in the bag, but you dont want it to be able to do cartwheels in the bag.

when i am on RRC, i just put may camera bag (back pack style) at my feat and step on one strap while wrapping the other around my wrist. Kind of clinching the bag between my legs.

Most any caera bag should be fine for that. the difference between a cheap bag and a good bag is how well they can withstand a full blown drop.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Mother Gothel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the thoughts. I had/have a D50 I have taken on every trip and it is dead now. Something in it rattles and it gives me an ERR code 60% of the time. Wolf Camera believes it was because I took it on rides.

Last edited by Mother Gothel; 02-19-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Mother Gothel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Gothel View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I had/have a D50 I have taken on every trip and it is dead now. Something in it rattles and it gives me an ERR code 60% of the time. Wolf Camera believes it was because I took it on rides.
One thing I've learned about camera store employees is that they rarely know as much as they think they do. They also generally have very little real training.

I doubt it has problems specifically because you took it on rides. My current DSLR, a Canon 50D, has been to WDW twice and I took it on every ride. It's also been hiking, camping, to Six Flags several times, and a bunch of other places. I never put it in a bag but I do keep a Lenscoat Bodybag on it.

If you're worried about breaking your gear on vacation get insurance on it. I have a policy though my homeowners insurance that covers just my camera equipment. It's got a $100 deductible and it covers everything, including if I were to drop it off a roller coaster.

Who are these students and why are they calling me teacher?

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

My camera is always out and vary rarely, if ever, in the bag. While on the rides its in my hand. I would doubt very seriously if a ride caused your camera to malfunction, unless you dropped it. My bag is placed on the floor of the ride with my leg through the shoulder strap and I pin it to the floor. I take my cameras in far worse places than WDW. Like Danielle, my gear is insured.
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
surfgirl
DIS Veteran

Just got a Crumpler 4 million dollar bag - it holds a dslr snugly (but not much else). I like it because it is small... I used to have a messenger style bag, but I end up putting too much else in it and my shoulder is always killing me. I also like a cross body style and this works for that.
surfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: