Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

How early to arrive at Midway on Saturday morning?

I'm officially in freakout mode for our trip. We are driving to Chicago Friday night, staying at the Clarion on Cicero- 2 miles/10 minutes from Midway. We're parking at the Midway Park Saver across from the terminal entrance.

Our flight leaves at 7:40 AM.

Current forecast for the weekend is a 30% chance of snow on Friday, 10% chance of snow on Saturday.

If you were in my shoes, what time would you aim to be at the airport?

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
debknight
On the road to nowhere...

I live very close to Midway airport. Weathermen are predicting snow for Thursday night into Friday morning. So by Saturday morning everything should be all clear.

Not sure how long it takes to get from the parking area to the terminal. I would probably be at the parking area by about 5:45 am, with hopes to be in the terminal by 6:15 am? We never fly this early, but my guess is that things would be pretty quiet at this time of the morning.

Are you flying Southwest? If so you will be already checked in. Good luck.

Last edited by debknight; 02-19-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
debknight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by debknight View Post
I live very close to Midway airport. Weathermen are predicting snow for Thursday night into Friday morning. So by Saturday morning everything should be all clear.

Not sure how long it takes to get from the parking area to the terminal. I would probably be at the parking area by about 5:45 am, with hopes to be in the terminal by 6:15 am? We never fly this early, but my guess is that things would be pretty quiet at this time of the morning.

Are you flying Southwest? If so you will be already checked in. Good luck.
Yes. We're flying southwest, but we do have to check bags, so we'll have to stop at the kiosks. Do you know where the orange line station is at Midway? The Park Saver is right across 59th St. Depending on how far back in the lot you end up, it's a 5 minute walk to the Orange Line station/skywalk, and then a 5 minute walk through the skywalk to the terminal

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
debknight
On the road to nowhere...

It sounds like you have everything under control, you know more about Midway Airport than I do! I'm not familiar with the Park Saver, but I Googled it. Do you have the coupon from the website?

If you're checking bags I think you have to go to the ticket counter, right? I still think things will be very quiet on a Saturday morning, no business travelers, you know? If you're all checked in by 6:30 am you'll probably be fine.
debknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by debknight View Post
It sounds like you have everything under control, you know more about Midway Airport than I do! I'm not familiar with the Park Saver, but I Googled it. Do you have the coupon from the website?

If you're checking bags I think you have to go to the ticket counter, right? I still think things will be very quiet on a Saturday morning, no business travelers, you know? If you're all checked in by 6:30 am you'll probably be fine.
Yes and Yes on both accounts. Coupon's printed, and my DH will drop me at the CTA doors to take the luggage up while he parks the car.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Moparlar
Mouseketeer

If there is a line at the ticket booths to check bags you might want to walk outside at give them to the guys outside.

Larry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: