Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Malakaiii
Mouseketeer

Info Please! Buses from AofA to Parks

Here's my newbie question... I searched but couldn't seem to find the info!

1. Does Art of Animation have it's own bus to the parks? Or does it serve other hotels too?
2. How do the buses work... do we choose which park we want to go to and then get on that bus? Or is there one bus that will serve all the parks (ie: first to HS then to AK, and so on)
3. When coming back to the resort, is there an Art of Animation bus at every park?
4. How do strollers go on the bus? Folded and stored underneath? What about bags?

Thanks! Trying to factor in our travel time as well as how much of a pain it will be to get back and forth from the park for an afternoon nap (I'll be 7 months pregnant and we have a 2.5 year old!)
Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakaiii View Post
Here's my newbie question... I searched but couldn't seem to find the info!

1. Does Art of Animation have it's own bus to the parks? Or does it serve other hotels too?
2. How do the buses work... do we choose which park we want to go to and then get on that bus? Or is there one bus that will serve all the parks (ie: first to HS then to AK, and so on)
3. When coming back to the resort, is there an Art of Animation bus at every park?
4. How do strollers go on the bus? Folded and stored underneath? What about bags?

Thanks! Trying to factor in our travel time as well as how much of a pain it will be to get back and forth from the park for an afternoon nap (I'll be 7 months pregnant and we have a 2.5 year old!)
1. Own bus-no sharing with other resorts
2. There are stops (all in one area) at your resort for each destination. Just look for the signs
3. There will be stops at all parks and DTD specifically for AoA, again, look for the signs
4. strollers must be folded and carried onto the bus with you. It is best to have the stroller folded prior to the bus arriving at the bus stop, and you can carry your bags onto the bus, as well. There is no storage under a park/resort bus
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
Malakaiii
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! That sounds really convenient.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

You find all the information regarding all the transportation to and from the parks, on the Transportation Board.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Just be aware that standing on the buses is very common. I think they now hold more people standing up than they do sitting! So if you are not comfortable standing and holding your stroller, kids, and bags at the same time, keep an eagle eye on the bus. When it looks as if it is standing room only, step aside and wait for the next one. Or do what I do and keep an extra $20 for taxi fare in your pocket. They are usually waiting for business.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: