Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
PersonalizedMouse
PersonalizedMouse

club levels...do all of the rooms have nice views?

If you book a club/concierge level room, do you have a decent view? For that price, I hope your not looking at the parking lot lol
PersonalizedMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonalizedMouse View Post
If you book a club/concierge level room, do you have a decent view? For that price, I hope your not looking at the parking lot lol
One would think, but alas, there are plain old standard views on club level just like the rest of the hotel. We are booked in a SV CL room at YC and I'm hoping for a decent view but I'm not holding my breath, and it certainly won't ruin my vacation.

We had an amazing view at WL CL though, it will be hard to live up to that one..

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
owl0306
Mouseketeer

it depends on which cl. i have stayed deluxe room bwi cl and you always face the boardwalk and have an amazing view in those. I have stayed standard yc cl and faced the entrance. if view matters to me i make sure i book a good view cl
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
lbv7
Mouseketeer

If you reserve a Magic Kingdom View Club Level room at the Contemporary it will also overlook their parking lot.

At the Polynesian you can reserve a Garden/Lagoon or Magic Kingdom View.

At the Boardwalk Inn all Club Level rooms either have a Water View or Garden View.

At the Yacht Club or Beach Club if you reserve a Standard View you might get a view of their roof and or their parking lot. To avoid this reserve a Garden or Lagoon View.

I'm not sure what the Club Level views are at the other Deluxe Resorts.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You can definitely be looking at a parking lot if you book a SV. I think the only Club levels where you are guaranteed a non-awful view are Poly, GF and BW. I'm not sure about AKL, but YC, BC and WL you could potentially have a very bad view.
Rileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

If you are a family of 5, your only choice at BC/YC is Standard View. All of the GV and LV rooms show a maximum occupancy of 4 now.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

We had a standard view CL at YC that overlooked the entrance, but we were surprised at night what a great view of the fireworks we had.

We rejected a room at the BWI when we discovered that we had to walk to Timbuktu only to look at a service road and dumpsters...the next standard view room was very nice over the interior courtyard.

There really is a wide variety of views even within the "Standard" category and you might even get a bit of lemonade with what appears to be a lemon room. That said, I do not regret asking for a different room for our BWI trip. It was my 40th B-day and we had gone back and forth several times between the BC and the BWI, finally settling on the BW. We had stayed CL before, and were treated very well. Really didn't feel the love checking in and then to get a disappointing room...not normally a complainer, but glad I did. If you are truly unhappy with the view you might politely ask if there is another Std view room. I wouldn't dream of asking for what I haven't paid for, but there just might be a bit of wiggle in which standard view you get.
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have stayed Poly 2x GV CL. We have had better views in the non-CL GV buildings at the Poly. If we paid for a TPV or MKV, I am sure we would have had a better view. But, GV is our budget.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The DVC concierge level villas on the sixth floor of Jambo House have pretty bad views. They have either blocked views of the Sunset Savanna or pool views across the roof.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
mmmears
DIS Veteran

The CL rooms at AKL (non-DVC ones) all have great views of the savannas. No need to worry about the view there. As far as I know it's the only CL where the rooms pretty much all have the same views (and there is only one booking category).

The CL rooms at the Poly have wonderful views of the lagoon or nice ones of the gardens, depending on what you pay for.

It's at the YC and BC that you could possible get some pretty bad views in CL -- views of parking lots and hotel roof. But there are several different booking categories, so at least you can guarantee a nice view if it is very important to you.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: