Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
funforfive
Mouseketeer

Change reservation to MYW

We currently have room only for 3 nights...plan parks for 2 days and relax on arrival and departure days, miniature golf, swim etc. It looks like you get golf with the MYW package before 4 pm so that would be my incentive for adding tickets to the room. I think I'd have to cancel and rebook to make a package because we're within the 45 day mark. Am I reading this right?

Thanks for input...
funforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Yes, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked. The package will have to be paid in full when you book since you are less than 45 days from arrival. Since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be transferred to the other, so you will have to wait for a refund from the room only reservation. If you booked with a discount that's expired and/or there's no availability at the resort you have booked, you will have to speak with someone in guest services to make the change so you don't lose the discount/room. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If you currently have a room only reservation, you would have to cancel and rebook no matter when the 45 day point was, since you can't just change from one type of reservation to the other. But don't cancel your current reservation until you have confirmed availability for the package. And be aware that since you are less than 45 days out, the full cost of the package will be due at the time of booking. The deposit you paid for your room only reservation will be refunded once you have cancelled it.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
funforfive
Mouseketeer

It looks like the room category is still available under the same rate. I just want to make sure... Golf is included---free per room and 2 admissions to Disneyquest?? Seems like it's worth switching...
funforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
bethbuchall
Had to make sure she was in Disney World on her 40th

The minigolf is 2 free rounds per room (before 4:00 pm).

bethbuchall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: