Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
tink's girls
Mouseketeer

If I book now what are my chances of getting a free dining pin code

Hey everyone! My family decided for sure today that we are going to head to WDW in June (8th - 12th). I know there is a discount now for a percentage off of the room and discounted tickets if we buy 4 or more days. I am thankful for those discounts but my husband LOVES free dining. Last year we got a pin code in the mail for free dining that went through mid June but unfortunately we couldn't go last year. So what I am wondering is if I go ahead and book now with the current discount does that decrease my chances of getting the free dining pin code (assuming disney even sends any out this year). I am not trying to be greedy, just trying to stretch the money we have to spend. Any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated! Thanks so much!

Dec. 2005 ASMo
Dec. 2007 POP
Dec. 2008 CSR
October 2010 AKL
December 2011 offsite with husband's free hotel points
June 8-12 2013 CSR

tink's girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
sgibson
Earning My Ears

We have already booked and will be coming in on June 8th also. I am wondering the same thing! I love that we got a discount on our resort but that would be a wonderful bonus!
sgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibson View Post
We have already booked and will be coming in on June 8th also. I am wondering the same thing! I love that we got a discount on our resort but that would be a wonderful bonus!
Just FYI, you can't stack discounts. If you have a room discount, you would have to give that up and pay rack rate for the room to get "free" dining.

I'm also counting down to June, can't wait!
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
tink's girls
Mouseketeer

thanks everyone! I think I will go ahead and book!

Dec. 2005 ASMo
Dec. 2007 POP
Dec. 2008 CSR
October 2010 AKL
December 2011 offsite with husband's free hotel points
June 8-12 2013 CSR

tink's girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to add that while I have heard of folks receiving pin codes after they had a vac. booked - we never have. We've been lucky to receive pin codes for the last few years but of all the pin codes we've ever received, we always received before we booked....I have never once received a pin code after I had a reservation. I definitely agree with others, book what you want now to ensure you get what you want and I wish you luck in receiving the FD pin code you hope for.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

The only time we've ever received a pin is after we had already booked. I honestly don't think it will affect your chances at all. There is a limited number of rooms available at each resort with the various promotions. I would go ahead and book now to ensure you get the current promotional discount at the resort you prefer. Then, if you receive a pin, you can always change. You can cancel the old discount code and apply the free dining pin. At least then you'll be safe if you book now rather than waiting and may miss out on getting a discount at all. If you do receive a pin code for free dining, you can't combine it with the current promotional discount of the % off room and tickets. Disney won't let you stack codes/discounts, so you'd want to go with your best money saver (probably dining).
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #7
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer

Got my free dining pin after I had booked. I dragged my feet paying...nothing after the initial deposit. Called back at 45 days out to pay and voila, the pin was there.

I think you should book now to ensure you get what you need/want.
SwimBikeRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

You also may want to call and see if a pin code is already attached to your name. Sometimes you have a pin and you don't even know it!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post
I think you should book now to ensure you get what you need/want.
I second this. If you are going regardless, I would book now to make sure you get what you want and then change later if a discount/pin comes out that is a better deal that you can use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
You also may want to call and see if a pin code is already attached to your name. Sometimes you have a pin and you don't even know it!
I agree. Sometimes pin codes are attached to your name without you getting an email or post card in the mail.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: