Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

A Mother/Son Adventure!--Sept 2013 PTR

We are going to

Okay so not the best piture, but you get the idea!

On to the important things:
Who: Myself, Virginia a 28 year old single momma. I owrk full time and like to enjoy my vacation time on trips! This will b my second trip to WDW!
Faves:
Movie:The Little Mermaid!!
Character:Villians, any of them, I just love them!
Park:Magic Kingdom!
Ride:Tower of Terror! Ok, bad mom confession time: We were in the boiler room waiting to gt to the elevator last summer, Boo decided he didn't want to ride he was scared! Since we had waited in line about 15 minutes and it as POURING outside, I bribed him....I promised him a stuffed Kitty (Sully) if he rode with us anyway (it was me and my niece in line with him, if he didn't go none of us did). He rode!! He says he liked it but would not go again. He got his Kitty, and has asked if he rides this trip does he get Mike? lol

I hate pictures of me, but Boo took this last summer waiting for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

Xzavier, AKA Boo. He will be 7 on our trip (1 month until his birthday) He LOVES Mickey Mouse, and thrill rides.
Faves:
Movie:Pirates of the Carribean, any of them. He is Pirate obsessed!
Character: Mickey Mouse When he first met Mickey Mouse last summer he giggled for ten minutes straight! He was in heaven!!!
Park:Magic Kingdom!
Ride:Tommorowland Speedway, driving himself? nothing can beat that!

I think these pictures show his fun, loving, hyper personality great!

When: September 17-?? 2013, still deciding weather to fly home 28 or 29th? 28th we have a day to rest before work/school, 29th we get an extra day in Disney!!!

Where: Still deciding between values, not sure which one yet....booking once my new card comes in the mail, so I need to decide very soon!

Now on to planning!

This trip will be very different than any vacation we have taken:
1. First trip just me and Boo! We usually have my mom and my neices and nephews with us.

2. This will be Boo's first flight!! Since there were 6 of us going from Nova Scotia last year driving saved about $2000. Boo is soooo excited to fly! h has been begging to go on an airplane since his cousins got to fly a couple years ago.

3. Table service! Last year we were on QSDP, this year will be DDP!

Cannot wait for the operating schedule!!

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Glad to see more September PTRs popping up. We will be arriving on September 15th. Our boys are close in age(mine will turn 9 right before we get there). I also use incentive(or bribery if you want to call it that ) to get my DS8 to try new rides. He always is glad after.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
MissSabrinaLee
Earning My Ears

Hi! Following along!

Which of the values are you considering?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Joining in. Glad to see more September PTRs popping up. We will be arriving on September 15th. Our boys are close in age(mine will turn 9 right before we get there). I also use incentive(or bribery if you want to call it that ) to get my DS8 to try new rides. He always is glad after.
Welcome! Boo is normally scared of nothing! So when he wantd to back out it through me for a loop, but everyone in line got a chuckle out of me promising presents in return...he wasn't panicking or crying, I would never make him do anything if he was that upset....lol but to each their own....and he doesn't even realize he would have got Kitty anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSabrinaLee View Post
Hi! Following along!

Which of the values are you considering?
AOA LM is our top choice, but it seems to be exempt from all discounts, and as a single mom turning down discounts is not very smart....other then that All-Star Movies, never stayed there but looks fun. and then POP, we stayed at POP last year and it wasn't my fave. I HATED the food court b/c the workers seemed incompetent...which seems mean, but I am a Customer Service Manager so I am very picky about the service I recieve since I know what level of service I hold my staff to. Boo liked pop, and we could walk across the bridge to check out AOA is why it is in the running....I am booking next week with no discount, so I may book AOA and change if a disocunt comes out.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn View Post
Welcome! Boo is normally scared of nothing! So when he wantd to back out it through me for a loop, but everyone in line got a chuckle out of me promising presents in return...he wasn't panicking or crying, I would never make him do anything if he was that upset....lol but to each their own....and he doesn't even realize he would have got Kitty anyway.
I completely agree. I feel like I know which rides my DS8 is ready for and those are the ones I "encourage" him to ride. However, I would never push him to ride something I knew he was not ready for which is why he has not ridden RnR yet.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

We are booking a package, which will inclide 7 day park passes with Water Park Fun and More! We have never done Disney Waterparks so that will be a first.

Our 7 main park days will be 2 Magic Kingdom, 2 Epcot, 2 Hollywood Studios, and 1 Animal Kingdom.

There will be additional time at Magic Kingdom as art of our first Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party! I need to do more research on this to ensure we get to do what Boo will enjoy the most.

Since we are there 11-12 nights we will have at least 1 day at each water park, maybe 2. I am waiting for the operating schedule to come out so I can plan my days! I was hoping it would be out yesterday but I was dissappointed when I came home to work to no park hours

Hmmm, we are not Foodies, but I almost feel we should spend one of our last days in Epcot to experience Food and Wine.....thoughts?

and to end the post a picture of Xzavier!

Lol, his nose is purple because my niece decided Dale should have a purple nose since it's her fave color, and there was a purple marker at the Kidcot station....Xzavier decided he would make her happy by coloring his nose purple.
Up next: ADR Planning...

Last edited by ginny_lynn; 02-16-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: