Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
xera12
Mouseketeer

Booking times

Here is my situation: i was planning on going in October 2013 (probably 1-10) with my brother and two or three friends. I wanted to book in april (6 months ahead, as that is what i have been reading as recomended) for either POFQ or POR if just 4 of us or AOA if 5 of us. However it is looking like people (other than me) wont have the money ready in time.

My question is: is June 's first week to late to book? When do YOU usually book? Thoughts?

Next trip with Me and DBFF Diane (25)!!

Check out my First trip to WDW TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160264

xera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xera12 View Post
Here is my situation: i was planning on going in October 2013 (probably 1-10) with my brother and two or three friends. I wanted to book in april (6 months ahead, as that is what i have been reading as recomended) for either POFQ or POR if just 4 of us or AOA if 5 of us. However it is looking like people (other than me) wont have the money ready in time.

My question is: is June 's first week to late to book? When do YOU usually book? Thoughts?
I like to book as soon as I know we're going. If you're booking as a package, room and tickets, you can book in April and put down the $200 deposit. Then the remainder must be paid off 45 days prior to your arrival.

If you're booking room only, you only need to pay a deposit equal to one night when you book. The remainder is due upon check-in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I book the week after I come back every year, since I already know I am definitely going that week.

It is best to book as soon as you know, especially if it is a busy week or a time of year when events are occurring, such as F&W Festival during the time you are going.

I would suggest as the PP stated, either book the room only and change it to a package 45 days out from check-in; you can get one-day tickets and then everyone can upgrade them when they get there if they are short on cash.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We book as soon as we know our dates. I agree that I would book now and pay the deposit and then make payments or pay in full once everyone has the money. If you want a package, it's best (IMO), to book that from the beginning. If you book room only now and switch to a package later, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit or payment in full (if you are 45 days or less from arrival). Room only and packages are different reservation systems so money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I normally book as soon as I have our dates pinned down. I like to book a package and then make monthly payments. You can book the room and just 1 day base tickets then tweeking it later when deals come out or when you know more about your plans. I have added on days, added Park. hoppers, added the DP etc. Until the 45 day mark you can change your reservation as often as you want, even change resorts if you like. after 45 days there is a $50 fee if your total pkg cost drops do to the change/s made

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
xera12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314
I normally book as soon as I have our dates pinned down. I like to book a package and then make monthly payments. You can book the room and just 1 day base tickets then tweeking it later when deals come out or when you know more about your plans. I have added on days, added Park. hoppers, added the DP etc. Until the 45 day mark you can change your reservation as often as you want, even change resorts if you like. after 45 days there is a $50 fee if your total pkg cost drops do to the change/s made
What happens if i book for 4 people but 2 of them back out? Will there be an issue with changing that? Because that will change the price (since we are doing the DDP.

Next trip with Me and DBFF Diane (25)!!

Check out my First trip to WDW TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160264

xera12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: