Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
ean
Mouseketeer
 
ean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5555 miles from Disney...
Posts: 115

Add dining plan (staying on site)

Hello everyone!

We booked the room only using a TA (staying @ POP for 11 nights). We also bought park tickets using the same agent.

Can we add any the Quick Service Dining Plan (or any) to our room at the moment when we arrive at the hotel?
(even if we did not buy the room thru Disney Web Page).



We have used the DDP in the past (booked package directly from Disney Web Page), but now it is the first time we are doing it separate ways.

Thank you all!
__________________






DW Ana DS6 Matias and me

Oct. 2011 POP Aug. 2012 POP Oct. 2013 POP (turning 40 @ WDW)

Last edited by ean; 02-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.
ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
deb010305
Mouseketeer
 
deb010305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 149

I'm not an expert, so you might want to check with your travel agency, but according to the Disney website
To take advantage of a Disney dining plan, you must purchase one of the following Magic Your Way Vacation Packages that include a Disney dining plan.
•2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Quick-Service Dining
•2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
•2013 Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining
•2013 Magic Your Way Premium Package (includes dining)
•2013 Magic Your Way Platinum Package (includes dining)
deb010305 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran
 
sharonabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by ean View Post
Hello everyone!

We booked the room only using a TA (staying @ POP for 11 nights). We also bought park tickets using the same agent.

Can we add any the Quick Service Dining Plan (or any) to our room at the moment when we arrive at the hotel?
(even if we did not buy the room thru Disney Web Page).



We have used the DDP in the past (booked package directly from Disney Web Page), but now it is the first time we are doing it separate ways.

Thank you all!
You will not be able to do it when you check in; it must be done at least 72 hrs before. And, since you used a TA, you can't call Disney and do it yourself. You'll need to call you TA and see if they can change your reservations to a package with dining. They are the only ones who can help you do this.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
ean
Mouseketeer
 
ean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5555 miles from Disney...
Posts: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe

You will not be able to do it when you check in; it must be done at least 72 hrs before. And, since you used a TA, you can't call Disney and do it yourself. You'll need to call you TA and see if they can change your reservations to a package with dining. They are the only ones who can help you do this.
Thank you sharonabe! I will call my TA and discuss the options!
__________________






DW Ana DS6 Matias and me

Oct. 2011 POP Aug. 2012 POP Oct. 2013 POP (turning 40 @ WDW)
ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,881

You cannot add Dining to a Room Only reservation.
You need to cancel your reservation and book a new one - as a package that includes tickets.
They will refund any money on your room only reservation and you will need to provide a new $200 deposit for your package reservation (or payment in full if you are within 45 days).
Once you are booked with a package you can then add the Dining Plan to it but it must be done 72 hours before you check in.
HTH.

All that being said - I just re-read the part that A. your used a TA and B. that you already purchased your tickets...

Everything needs to be done through your TA - and I have a feeling that because you already purchased your tickets, you will not be able to cancel and switch to a package to get the Dining Plan.
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
ean
Mouseketeer
 
ean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5555 miles from Disney...
Posts: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears
You cannot add Dining to a Room Only reservation.
You need to cancel your reservation and book a new one - as a package that includes tickets.
They will refund any money on your room only reservation and you will need to provide a new $200 deposit for your package reservation (or payment in full if you are within 45 days).
Once you are booked with a package you can then add the Dining Plan to it but it must be done 72 hours before you check in.
HTH.

All that being said - I just re-read the part that A. your used a TA and B. that you already purchased your tickets...

Everything needs to be done through your TA - and I have a feeling that because you already purchased your tickets, you will not be able to cancel and switch to a package to get the Dining Plan.
Thank you chocovrdmicears! We were just crunching numbers about paying OOP or getting the Quick Service. So far, the OOP option is beating the Dining Plan, beside the hassle of canceling and re booking.
__________________






DW Ana DS6 Matias and me

Oct. 2011 POP Aug. 2012 POP Oct. 2013 POP (turning 40 @ WDW)
ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.