Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
nowater
Earning My Ears

Ever Had a First Date At Disney?

Like the title, Has anyone ever met someone for the first time & had their first date at DisneyWorld? I am talking to someone, and I told her my dream is to have my first date (as in first with that person) at DisneyWorld. We both are just friends right now, but we both think it's a magical idea, So it brought me to be curious if anyone has ever had a first date at Disney? If so story time.

What did you plan? or do? Where did you stay that night? Tell me your stories or if you haven't tell me your ideas, what would make your Date magical ladies? I just think it'd be magical to find someone you like online to have that first date at the world. Who knows we can all dream right?

Last edited by nowater; 02-14-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Change of title
nowater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Interesting question because I went to Mickey's BBQ as a first date .And got plastered and this guy wanted me to dance with his wife .Wild night indeed.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
ariamac
Mouseketeer

I had a first date in Disney World! LOL never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined this happening.

I met a guy on the WDW Railroad on the first day of my solo trip, we hit it off and we learned that we live in the same city... so he told me he'd love to take me out for drinks some time, I said sure and we exchanged numbers. When we got off the train, he asked if I wanted some company so he left his group of friends and we strolled around MK... after about an hour, he was like screw drinks, wanna go out for dinner tomorrow? I said sure!

I had just gotten out of a really long relationship, which kinda prompted my trip to WDW and I was thinking "omg, is this really happening?"

We met up at Downtown Disney.... went to the T-rex restaurant, got to know each other a bit, strolled along the strip and he was really interested in taking me to LaNouba and I was thinking oh wow, this guy's serious... but unfortunately they have no shows Monday evenings. We said our good byes, we went to our own resorts and he left to go back home the following day.

We kept in touch via email for the duration of my trip... once I got back home, we chatted on the phone for 2 weeks and he kept insisting on a 2nd date and he was really into me but he's a smoker (that's a HUGE turn off to me) and I don't think I'm ready to date at the moment... but c'mon who would've passed on a date in Disney World?! MAGICAL.

"Never look back. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn't have become a princess."
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Nice story there but too bad you did not find love.
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
nowater
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariamac View Post
I had a first date in Disney World! LOL never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined this happening.

I met a guy on the WDW Railroad on the first day of my solo trip, we hit it off and we learned that we live in the same city... so he told me he'd love to take me out for drinks some time, I said sure and we exchanged numbers. When we got off the train, he asked if I wanted some company so he left his group of friends and we strolled around MK... after about an hour, he was like screw drinks, wanna go out for dinner tomorrow? I said sure!

I had just gotten out of a really long relationship, which kinda prompted my trip to WDW and I was thinking "omg, is this really happening?"

We met up at Downtown Disney.... went to the T-rex restaurant, got to know each other a bit, strolled along the strip and he was really interested in taking me to LaNouba and I was thinking oh wow, this guy's serious... but unfortunately they have no shows Monday evenings. We said our good byes, we went to our own resorts and he left to go back home the following day.

We kept in touch via email for the duration of my trip... once I got back home, we chatted on the phone for 2 weeks and he kept insisting on a 2nd date and he was really into me but he's a smoker (that's a HUGE turn off to me) and I don't think I'm ready to date at the moment... but c'mon who would've passed on a date in Disney World?! MAGICAL.
I love the story, Thank you very much for sharing... (: I met someone off twitter and we have been talking about meeting up for a night or two at disneyworld.. I just think what a better and more magical place to first meet someone?
nowater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
TestTrackFan
Test Driver

No, but the Magic Kingdom seems like it would be a wonderful place to go on a date.
TestTrackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...

What a fantastic idea! I would really love that

Anyone want to take me on a date there?
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
LunaMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
Interesting question because I went to Mickey's BBQ as a first date .And got plastered and this guy wanted me to dance with his wife .Wild night indeed.
uhhh...wut?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
pixiedixie862
Earning My Ears

Never been at a first date there but I think it depends on the person wether or not it can be magical. Sometimes it might be too crowded to really get to know each other unless you go to dinner somewhere low key and not too noisy. I love disney but as a first date, not sure if i'd be so happy.
pixiedixie862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
Alyssa88
I love it! Bad football team, good academics
I thought you were here. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
OK, this sounds like my kind of date! Simply amazing
January of 2007-Port Orleans Riverside with family. Got to celebrate my 19th birthday!
June of 2009-POP CENTURY with the best friend to celebrate our College graduation!! 21
April 2013- Art of Animation (NEMO) to introduce my niece to WDW
Alyssa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
princessdawn2011
Mouseketeer

3 different first dates!

The first one was the best (mulling it over). Met this nice guy on the bus. He was w/ his dad on a trip heading 2 fish in the Keys & I was on my FIRST WDW TRIP W/ MY MOM!!! He asked me 2 go for a drink. The next night, 2 DTD & PI ( mom said enjoy). We danced, drank and yes, went for a 3 AM swim back @ the hotel. Yes we changed into suits, it was such a fun night.

I did meet my DBF there 😍 We're headed for our 5th trip together. Our first date was home though. Yes, we live a few miles away from each other!
princessdawn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
FLDisneyCouple
Earning My Ears

My FI and I met at disneyworld for the first time after talking on the phone for a couple months. We spent a week together at the parks and it was the most magical week of my life! Don't even know where to begin! lol
FLDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Every time DW and I go to WDW, it's like a first date all over again.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
taythegibs
Professional Pirate

yep, spent the day in mk, then watched the fireworks from the poly beach. it was an epic day.

EPCOT FW Custodial Aug 2010-Jan 2011
Qisney Quest Attractions Jan 2011-May 2011
POTC Attractions Aug 2012-Jan 2013
POTC Attractions-ct Jan 2013-????

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
jelaine143
Earning My Ears

I would LOVE that!!!! Anyone wanna take me?!?!?!??
jelaine143 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: