DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
GoofyDad1970
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 36

waiting, waiting, waiting for my membership mumber

We closed on our 250 point AKV purchase last Thursday (we bought resale, for which I am very thankful). I would like to make a reservation, and yesterday I called membership administration to see if I could get my membership number and make my reservation. Tammy told me I am not in the system yet.

Today I spoke with Kevin who told me I am still not in the system AND (contrary to what has been posted on this board) he told me they do not give out membership numbers over the phone anymore, that I will have to wait for my packet in the mail, and it might be another two to three weeks (including time for the mail deliver). He also told me this is a new policy. Has anyone else heard of this? Or is it a situation where you speak with three different people and you get three different answers? Thanks.

We started this process in early-December. Yes, I knew going in it could take two months, but two more weeks would put us at around ten to eleven weeks. AAARRRGGGHHHH!
GoofyDad1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
czmom
DIS Veteran
 
czmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 758

Ack!!! I hope not! I just received my closing documents today from Timeshare Title, so I am a good week or two behind you. But I need to make a reservation for April 10 as soon as possible!

Please update when you can, and good luck!
__________________
czmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,616

There have been several posts of the new policy. IMO it's Disney's way of adding an additional delay for resale buyers.

Guides can tell prospective buyers that if they buy resale, they will have to wait 2 1/2 months to make their first reservation, if they buy direct, they can book tomorrow. Disney by the way causes most of the resale delay themselves but they would never tell a new buyer that.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran
 
GOOFY D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 896

Seems to be almost spiteful to not give the membership number over the phone. I would love to know their reasoning for this give the significant information that has to be provided to them to prove your identity. Do we not pay their salaries too (just like direct purchasers) via the maintenance fee?
__________________


1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
tmerf11
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1

We didn't receive our membership number for 3 weeks after closing. I even found us listed on the florida comptrollers website and then it was still another week before we got our number. And this was recent. We got the closure notice from the Timeshare Store on Dec 27th and made our first reservations on 1/18...
tmerf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D View Post
Seems to be almost spiteful to not give the membership number over the phone. I would love to know their reasoning for this give the significant information that has to be provided to them to prove your identity. Do we not pay their salaries too (just like direct purchasers) via the maintenance fee?
Just as spiteful as the resale booking restrictions?

It almost seems like Disney cares more about being a profit machine instead of taking care of existing owners or resale buyers.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
lodge
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 842

I wouldn't be able to handle pressure to book. We bought stripped, knowing we needed that time to figure it all out.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #8
BLTisforME
Headed to Orlando.... again!
 
BLTisforME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D
Seems to be almost spiteful to not give the membership number over the phone. I would love to know their reasoning for this give the significant information that has to be provided to them to prove your identity. Do we not pay their salaries too (just like direct purchasers) via the maintenance fee?
I agree that seems to be a hurdle to dissuade a resale buyer. However, don't the maintenance fees pay for the properties? Maybe I'm wrong. Still relatively new to DVC. Only a member for one year and I bought direct. Thinking about adding on more via resale though.
BLTisforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran
 
mousefan1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
There have been several posts of the new policy. IMO it's Disney's way of adding an additional delay for resale buyers.

Guides can tell prospective buyers that if they buy resale, they will have to wait 2 1/2 months to make their first reservation, if they buy direct, they can book tomorrow....
Bill
Not even tomorrow. We booked a reservation the same day when we bought BLT direct 3 years ago. And given that there was very little BLT resale on the market then and we paid $106 per point, it was a great deal/perk for us to buy direct and not only book the same day, but to have our guide pull inventory for us at BCV for July. (this was in April)
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
Disbroads
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Ack!!! I hope not! I just received my closing documents today from Timeshare Title, so I am a good week or two behind you. But I need to make a reservation for April 10 as soon as possible!

Please update when you can, and good luck!
If it is your expectation that you can book for early April, a peak time, so close to arrival, you might want to pause and research your purchase.
I'm not saying that to be Debbie downer. Just don't want to read another "disappointed with my DVC" post.

Honestly, mid March through most of April is high demand times and typically booked out once the 7 month window has passed, with possible exception of Saratoga and maybe Old Key West.
As of five days ago, your date was open to people with holding points.

Which resort(s) were you looking to book?
Disbroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbroads

If it is your expectation that you can book for early April, a peak time, so close to arrival, you might want to pause and research your purchase.
I'm not saying that to be Debbie downer. Just don't want to read another "disappointed with my DVC" post.

Honestly, mid March through most of April is high demand times and typically booked out once the 7 month window has passed, with possible exception of Saratoga and maybe Old Key West.
As of five days ago, your date was open to people with holding points.

Which resort(s) were you looking to book?
Most years. This year Easter is early 3/31, so if the PP is looking for something for 4/10, as long as they are flexible on location or room size, they could still ( now) find something. If delays mean they can't make reservations for another month, well no telling what might be available at that time.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
czmom
DIS Veteran
 
czmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbroads View Post
If it is your expectation that you can book for early April, a peak time, so close to arrival, you might want to pause and research your purchase.
I'm not saying that to be Debbie downer. Just don't want to read another "disappointed with my DVC" post.

Honestly, mid March through most of April is high demand times and typically booked out once the 7 month window has passed, with possible exception of Saratoga and maybe Old Key West.
As of five days ago, your date was open to people with holding points.

Which resort(s) were you looking to book?
No worries at all about any disappointment! We bought for many future trips which are always planned 11 months in advance. Our contract just happens to come with some points that we will need to rent out this year, as we are already booked for VGC in December.
With some very cheap airfare, I booked a resort only trip for me and DD6 for April. We have a Royal Room reserved at POR just in case, but would totally snag a studio at SSR with our points if it all works in time.
Either way, I will be happy to be at WDW!
__________________
czmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
jimim
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDad1970 View Post
We closed on our 250 point AKV purchase last Thursday (we bought resale, for which I am very thankful). I would like to make a reservation, and yesterday I called membership administration to see if I could get my membership number and make my reservation. Tammy told me I am not in the system yet.

Today I spoke with Kevin who told me I am still not in the system AND (contrary to what has been posted on this board) he told me they do not give out membership numbers over the phone anymore, that I will have to wait for my packet in the mail, and it might be another two to three weeks (including time for the mail deliver). He also told me this is a new policy. Has anyone else heard of this? Or is it a situation where you speak with three different people and you get three different answers? Thanks.

We started this process in early-December. Yes, I knew going in it could take two months, but two more weeks would put us at around ten to eleven weeks. AAARRRGGGHHHH!
This is the new policy since the beginning of this year I was told. I was told it was due to identity theft. Even by giving all ur info they still won't cause anyone can have ur address, phone, birthdate and such.

I closed on 1/18/13
My transfer to Disney was 1/28/13
My number came 2/2/13 This had my member number only. they said my cards would follow which they did. This was the point I was able to book.
My actual cards came 2/12/13

I was told many times as others that resale can take up to 2 months. Mine was 5 days short of 2 months.

They did tell me when I called that my member number was mailed out on a specific day but wouldn't give the number as I said above. I got the envelope 3 days later.

jimi
__________________
Ten Year Anniversary Trip!


Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #14
czmom
DIS Veteran
 
czmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDad1970 View Post
We closed on our 250 point AKV purchase last Thursday (we bought resale, for which I am very thankful). I would like to make a reservation, and yesterday I called membership administration to see if I could get my membership number and make my reservation. Tammy told me I am not in the system yet.

Today I spoke with Kevin who told me I am still not in the system AND (contrary to what has been posted on this board) he told me they do not give out membership numbers over the phone anymore, that I will have to wait for my packet in the mail, and it might be another two to three weeks (including time for the mail deliver). He also told me this is a new policy. Has anyone else heard of this? Or is it a situation where you speak with three different people and you get three different answers? Thanks.

We started this process in early-December. Yes, I knew going in it could take two months, but two more weeks would put us at around ten to eleven weeks. AAARRRGGGHHHH!
Curious- did you receive your membership number yet? How long did it take after closing?
__________________
czmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.