Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Kellymy
Earning My Ears

All-Stars resorts - pizza, Chinese delivery?

My daughter is about to leave for a school trip to Disney staying in one of the All-Stars Resorts. I don't have the reservation info in front of me, but I know it's NOT Music.

She was told you cannot call a local Papa John's or a local Chinese take-out and get delivery to the hotel rooms. Her adults said you could only use the Disney hotel provided delivery service. Is this true?

These are the same adults that originally told the kids Disney would search bags and that water and snacks are not allowed in the Parks.... So of course I'm skeptical of their info!

Thanks!
Kellymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
coluk003
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the boards.

As far as drinks in the parks and food. It can be brought in just no glass bottles,and no coolers but say water in a backpack,gummy bears what have you is ok. They do check every back but that's just a security measure.

As for take out ,delivery, you can have food delivery and the hotel has a list of menus at the front desk, it just can't be brought to the room,lobby only.
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
coachluver3
Disneydooneyluver

I took a small vera bradley cooler to all the parks last may
that had water in it. Nobody said anything.
coachluver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Well, it is true that it can not be delivered to the rooms. The delivery person must be met in the lobby of the main building. They are not allowed to take it directly to a room. This is a safety concern.

It may also be true that it is simply a rule that the school has decided on, also as a safety concern.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
tifandjim
Mouseketeer

My hubby just called Papa Johns yesterday, since we have a free pizza we can redeem. There is a specific Papa Johns that will deliver to the All-Star resorts, and they can meet you in the lobby.
tifandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifandjim View Post
My hubby just called Papa Johns yesterday, since we have a free pizza we can redeem. There is a specific Papa Johns that will deliver to the All-Star resorts, and they can meet you in the lobby.
While that worked in your case, as the PP stated, the school may have decided that they don't want the kids to order take-out because they would have to meet them in the lobby. It would be a safety concern on the school's part.

I would say if I were talking a bunch of kids on a school trip, as a chaperone responsible for their safety, I would not want them to have the ability to call a take-out place in the middle of the night and be walking up to the lobby by themselves. Therefore, I would say the school most likely stated they would not be allowed to do it.

Everyone's case is a bit different; sometimes you do have to think outside the box a bit.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
deserrai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifandjim View Post
I didn't know you could have Papa John's delivered! The only time I've ever ordered pizza at the resort was what the resort has and it was EXPENSIVE and TERRIBLE! I will def be calling Papa John's next trip!

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
tifandjim
Mouseketeer

This place will deliver to the hotel? Do they have an online menu?
tifandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
si-am
DIS Veteran

If it is just the one night, I don't see why she can't eat in the food court with all her friends. Just seems simpler that way! Plus, there are lots of options.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: