Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

Activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Hi All,
Looking for some suggestions on things to do at AKL with my children. Things that are offered only to guests that would make the trip really spactular.
thank
Lisa

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch
Peace Mickey Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
stink
Mouseketeer

My nephews 8 & 6 loved the Kidani pool activities that were offered. After participating they passed out bracelets and beads. We also like the campfire circle and I think they did some kind of craft in the lobby at Jambo House. There is a list of resort activates given to you when you check in. AKL is outstanding, wish I was going back this year.

stink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Pier60
Mouseketeer

Is there enough to do for the entire day? My wife and daughter will be at the park while Im at the hotel with the new baby.
Pier60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
T. Baker
Earning My Ears

They have activities in the afternoon --- art activities---different stations. There is a huge medalion inside the front doors. You are going to walk over it many times. Well -- it is metal and has animals, trees, etc. on it and you can make rubbings. They give you paper, crayons, etc. and have someone show you what to do. Saw some great pictures being created by adults and children. There were other stations also.

In the evening, they have african drum lessons starting in the gift shop and children each have a drum and follow african dressed man through the lobby beating the drums and then sit on the floor in a circle and learn some more. At Christmas they turned off the Christmas tree lights and had those children say magic words and beat the drums to get the lights to come back on.

They have people at various times of the day in different places that tell you about their country and answer questions.

There are more things and you can ask the conciegre for a list and times of things to do. It was a great time.
T. Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

From things I found online, Boma used to offer a free culinary tour. Not sure if they still do it or not but sounds like fun if they do! Enjoy your stay. I have always wanted to stay there. I think they also have nighttime viewing of the animals with special binoculars or glasses or something.
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: