Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Discounts for Country Inn & Suites?

I'm planning to book our night before the cruise at Country Inn and Suites. Does anyone know if they ever offer discounts? Our cruise is in October. Should I wait until we get closer?

Always looking to save money so I can spend it later on souvenirs!

Also, are there any good restaurants for dinner close to the Country Inn and Suites?

Thanks!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

For what city?

Edit: I'm not being glib, I promise -- I could tell you about the County Inn & Suites in Galveston, but have no idea which cruise or which departure port is being talked about.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)

Last edited by Gina; 02-13-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
OaksPAC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
I'm planning to book our night before the cruise at Country Inn and Suites. Does anyone know if they ever offer discounts? Our cruise is in October. Should I wait until we get closer?

Always looking to save money so I can spend it later on souvenirs!

Also, are there any good restaurants for dinner close to the Country Inn and Suites?

Thanks!
Hi,

We are cruising on the Dream on 10/13 and have already booked at the Country Inns & Suites in Cape Canaveral. We took the park & cruise package and paid $157.00. We did this on the advice of friends who said the parking package is well worth the money. We leave our car there and get shuttled by the hotel to the port(5 min ride) and the shuttle also picks us up and bring s us back to our car when we get back. We are told that the main advantage is not having the hassle of parking and driving around the port. In any case, we are arriving the night before the cruise and staying at the hotel anyway so we might as well take advantage of the service. Hope this info helps. Also, we are going to Fishlips for dinner that night. Also recommended by cruise vets, where we are hoping to meet some fellow cruisers. Have you signed up on the cruise meet thread yet?
OaksPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Are you on their e-mail list? Occasionally we get e-mails from them, offering extra points for booking within a certain time frame. We used one of those special offers last June for a family wedding and earned several thousand extra points. Then we used those points and stayed free at Cocoa Beach the night before our cruise last October.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

You can join their free loyalty program Club Carlson and they send promotional emails with different periodic discounts. It's worth getting their emails to catch if anything is offered that covers your dates.

If you are a AAA member, check those rates for CI&S. They are available on the hotel's web site. I am using the AAA rate for my next stay.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaksPAC View Post
Hi,

We are cruising on the Dream on 10/13 and have already booked at the Country Inns & Suites in Cape Canaveral. We took the park & cruise package and paid $157.00. We did this on the advice of friends who said the parking package is well worth the money. We leave our car there and get shuttled by the hotel to the port(5 min ride) and the shuttle also picks us up and bring s us back to our car when we get back. We are told that the main advantage is not having the hassle of parking and driving around the port. In any case, we are arriving the night before the cruise and staying at the hotel anyway so we might as well take advantage of the service. Hope this info helps. Also, we are going to Fishlips for dinner that night. Also recommended by cruise vets, where we are hoping to meet some fellow cruisers. Have you signed up on the cruise meet thread yet?

We're on the same cruise! The rate is currently $174 for the 5 of us with the parking package.

I'll sign up for their program and see if I get any discounts through email before I book.

Sorry I wasn't clear I was leaving out of Canaveral. Very uncool of me .
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
LasseKjus
Mouseketeer

Try the code CARLSONF. That works sometimes for me and gets a rate of $70 or $80 per night. Doesn't always work however.
LasseKjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

I see it gives a great rate, but it says employee name and work location required at check-in. Is this for employees of Carlson? I don't want to use a code and then get to the hotel and find out I can't use it.
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieG View Post
I see it gives a great rate, but it says employee name and work location required at check-in. Is this for employees of Carlson? I don't want to use a code and then get to the hotel and find out I can't use it.
CARLSONF is back huh? I used that code in March 2011 at the CI&S in Cape Canaveral. At that time there was no discussion of the rate or the use of the code when I checked in to the hotel.

When I made reservations for my upcoming trip, CARLSONF wasn't active on their web site. Now I see it is back working.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 02-14-2013 at 07:16 AM.
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
LasseKjus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieG View Post
It's the Carlson Friends and Family rate. If a Carlson employee gives it to you, then you have it. I've been using this code off and on for three years and have never once been asked where I got it from, because frankly, I cannot remember. Anyway, they only have a few rooms per night that this is good for, so it doesn't always work.
LasseKjus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: