Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Online Check-In on My Disney Experience HELP!

I'm at day 60 and it says that online check-in is available on my reservation when I log into My Disney Experience, but I have not clue how to accomplish the check-in.

Can anyone who has done it, walk me through?

TIA
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
mnmhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
catra121
DIS Veteran

I actually JUST did this (like 2 seconds ago). Yesterday I tried as that was my official 60 day mark but had no luck...but someone posted on here that they were having issues. Today there was an actual link on the right side of the page that said Online Check - In where as yesterday it just said Online Check In Available next to my resort reservation.

It was all pretty smooth...4 separate pages that you fill out with information.

It will ask you what your expected arrival and departure times from the resort are.

You will be asked if you want to include a credit card and charging to the room.

Then it asks you to fill out PIN numbers for this ability (you can either all have different PINS or the same one for all cards).

It asks about room requests. I was really impressed by the options because the last time I did this the requests were VERY limited. For Pop I could request which floor, what sort of view (lake view, landscape view, etc), which section (50s, 60s, 70s, etc), and close to transportation. You only get to choose 2...but that was plenty for me. If you want more than that then I guess you need to call. In addition to the requests it also has an option to check if you prioritize getting a room early OVER room requests or if you would rather wait for your requests. So it seems like there is no downside to the requests if you make them.

And of course you need to agree to the terms and conditions and review all your selections.

It was very simple and went very smoothly for me today and I am super excited!

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
catra121
DIS Veteran

Oh...they also have a spot to put your cell number in so you can be texted when your room is ready IF it's not ready when you check in.

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

When I called for final question check list (newbie) I was told I had to wait until 10 days mark We are now at 37 can I do it from desktop though I have the IoS4 and MDE app I can certainly accomplish quicker on pc??Would enjoy getting those preferences in ASAP We are at ASM everyone's first!!!
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
cgulls
Mouseketeer

the ticker on your MDE page has to show 59 before you can do online check in. Once you're at 59, you'll see a new option on your MDE page that shows Check In.

Two days ago (my day 59), it didn't work for me. It got stuck a couple pages into the process. So, i did Chat help and the CM gave me a link to the old online check in site. It worked fine. And immediately after completing the process, my MDE page (on the new site, of course) changed the Check In link to "Modify Check In". So, at least they're linked.

Alas, no option to secure FASTPASS+ reservations, though.
cgulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="cgulls"]the ticker on your MDE page has to show 59 before you can do online check in. Once you're at 59, you'll see a new option on your MDE page that shows Check In.

Thanx its showed up for awhile that's why I ask the phone rep but I have found quit accurate info on this board to be very helpful I'm heading for my desk lol
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I still have the old web site, but have the MDE app on my iPad, now. When we were just at WDW, a CM friend of mine, installed it for me but I did check in on old web site for recent trip and didn't get any request field.

I don't know how long it will be before my web site switches to new one I'm doing my 180 ADR next week for Aug trip. Maybe I should call Tec support?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I still have the old web site, but have the MDE app on my iPad, now. When we were just at WDW, a CM friend of mine, installed it for me but I did check in on old web site for recent trip and didn't get any request field.

I don't know how long it will be before my web site switches to new one I'm doing my 180 ADR next week for Aug trip. Maybe I should call Tec support?
I'm still seeing the old website on my iPad. But the new website should show up on your desktop, no?
cgulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
I'm still seeing the old website on my iPad. But the new website should show up on your desktop, no?
We are experiencing the same thing with the IPad. My work and home desktops are the new site and work very well. I checked in at day 59 as we had the same glitch as OPs at day 60. The check in process went very smoothly. I now have a listing for “modify check in” on the MDE page (on the left side under “make dining reservations”). I hope they have the site updated for IPad users soon. I can access the app very well from my IPad, so at least I can see everything. It just is a bit of chore to monitor two slightly different systems.

See everyone in April (12-18) and Dream Cruise (18-21)!!

Mike DW DS (5 ) DMIL

First visit 1976, Pre-2010 too many off sites to remember, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

Last edited by MikeRx; 02-13-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
MikeRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

TaDa once again DISers Thanx **Happy Dance** fingers crossed for Toy Story!! Used new sight went through w/o a glitch!!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
jadepansy459
Earning My Ears

Can you only do this check-in if you have booked directly on WDW.com? I have the app and can't see anywhere about checking in. :S
jadepansy459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
tifandjim
Mouseketeer

We booked throught USAir Vacations. When I signed it to WDW website, I had to search for our reservation by using the reservation #. Then I was able to do the online check-in.
tifandjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadepansy459
Can you only do this check-in if you have booked directly on WDW.com? I have the app and can't see anywhere about checking in. :S
The online check in is on the web page My ressies came up on my app with trouble as I did book them straight WDW yet as pp the app didnt give the link to check in though now its done on website there is the modify ability
Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #14
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all of your help! It looks like you cannot do online check-in on day 60, it was readily available and easy to get thru on day 59.

Also, not seeing anything on ipad/iphone app, but right in plain sight on the website.

All checked in and ready to go. Only problem I seemed to have was that it said there was an option for choosing amenities, but the choices didn't seem to load anywhere. I don't need any so didn't matter to me.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
mnmhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: