Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Pop Century…for adults?

We will be at Pop Century for our upcoming April trip. We will mostly all be adults, with the exception of my niece and nephew that will only be there for 3 days out of the 7 day trip. DH and I have stayed at Pop for previous trips and have enjoyed it, but I am getting a bit concerned about my brother's who are in their 30s (without kids). This will be my family's first stay on site.

Do you think it's pretty much a "family with young children" resort, or adult-friendly as well? The only way for 12 of us to stay on site would be to stay value. I just want to make sure it's the right resort. Would you suggest another value resort instead?

Thanks!

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 AM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Pop century is my favorite in the values.

there are probably more singles and couples here than at the other value resorts.

you will also probably see more hc (in wheelchair or scooters) - Pop is about as flat as Disney goes - so it is easy to get around.

love the food court and the pool bar. think you and your family will be happy at Pop. that say you need to go with the attitude it is a value and you won't get the service that you get at a more expensive resort.

the CM's at Pop are wonderfully and if you ask - they will be happy to help you.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

The DBF and I love Pop Century. We are 24 and 25 and never had a problem there until our last vist. The last time was the only time we have noticed the kids as there was a baby next door who cried for 2 hours nonstop. I felt so bad for the little guy. It seemed like any time the family was in the room the baby cried.

If you are looking for a quite time then call a week ahead and request a room not in a building with a pool or at least a room not facing the pool. This way if there are kids playing they typically won't be hanging out around your door or you won't hear them down at the pool.

Not going to lie several times DBF and I have debated staying moderate or at Pop because we can afford to go up a level and we always decide on Pop. The one time we stayed at a moderate we had problems with kids running outside all times of the day and night (It was at Caribbean Beach so you heard them on the wood walkways) and even a few ding door ditches but at Pop we never have that problem.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I am Childless by Choice and have stayed at Pop numerous times.

The only resort I have found to be overwhelmed w/ *just* families was AoA.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Thanks for your responses, made me feel a lot better about it

I just want to make sure it's a memorable experience for everyone!

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I love POR, but if I ever traveled with a group that needed to go value; POP would be my first and only choice.

I would love to stay in the 60's section, which is the era I grew up in....
Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
awahl
Earning My Ears

I went to WDW twice last year with DBF... The first stay was at pop and loved it there for our first trip together in march. It was a last minute trip... When we went back with FD in August we stay at CBR and loved it there!!! This year we are staying at PORS and I can't wait!! Only 184 more sleeps!!!!
awahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

DH and I stayed at Pop last month...I really wanted to do a trip for my bday but we were trying to spend the least amount of money possible. Anyway, we were in the '50s building on the end of the resort facing the parking lot. It was SUPER quiet. The bed was a little hard for my taste, but other than that, I would definitely stay there again.

You can request a king bed room. It's not guaranteed, but we did get one, so that was a nice bonus.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

My DH and I stayed there two years ago, just the two of us, and we loved it. It was so much fun walking the resort and re-living some of our youth!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain!"
~Tinkerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

My mother and I stayed at POP in October. It is our favorite value resort. Personally I prefer it over the all- star resorts because you don't share buses with another resort (at least not when we have stayed)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

chrisc88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: