Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
resiii
Earning My Ears

How to have 6 people stay at Disney?

Hi

This year my GF and I would like to take our combined families to WDW and we have a little problem. I have two boys (14 and 18) and she has a girl (19) and a boy (13). We are trying to figure out the best way to fit everyone in hopefully 2 rooms or some kind of suite (cost may make this prohibitive).

My boys and I have been to disney every year but this will be her family's first trip so I want to stay on-site so they experience all the magic but I'm not sure what resort and/or room type would work best for us. I know I could just get two rooms, one per family, but I would rather not do that unless I have no other option.

Everyone gets along so that's not the issue however mixing girls and boys of different families in a room together doesn't seem like a good plan.

Any suggestions?
May 2007 - POP - Mom's First Time
Sept 2007 - POP / SSR - Free DDP Free Upgrade Aug/Sept 2008 - ASMus / POP - Free DDP #3 - First Split Stay
Aug 2009 - POP - Needed recovery - Free DDP #4 Aug 2010 - POP - Home in Time for Bad News - Aug 2011 - ASSport - Short but Sweet
Aug 2012 - ASSport & Celebration Hospital
resiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Have you considered renting dvc points from someone and getting a 2 bedroom somewhere? You could check out Dave's site to see how much it would be.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

There is a deluxe room at Boardwalk Inn that sleeps 6. 2 Queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Two other choices that accommodate 6 are Fort Wilderness Cabins and a deluxe room at the WL (which is club level).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Since 2 of the children- 1 girl and 1 boy are at least 18 you have a few choices- that depend a bit on how many beds you need.

You can get 2 rooms at any resort- put the boys in 1 and the 3 girls stay in the other- most of the time this will mean that 2 of the boys and 2 of the girls will have to sleep in the same double or queen bed - depending on the level of resort chosen.

You can rent a 2 bedroom DVC room. You will have 1 bedroom with a king bed (I would suggest either the girl and her mother or the 2 mothers get this bed). A bedroom with either a queen bed and a 2nd queen bed/sleeper sofa. If you don't have the king then you should get the queen in this room and your boys can share the sleeper(otherwise if the mom's have the king room put the boys in this room). You will also have a living room with a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair(if you stay at BLT/AKV/OKW)- whichever kids don't have other beds get these.

You can get a cabin at Fort Wilderness- not sure of the sleeping arrangements in these.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Have you considered renting dvc points from someone and getting a 2 bedroom somewhere? You could check out Dave's site to see how much it would be.
I would look at OKW because the rooms are large. You could also look at THV because you would then have 3 bdrm's.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #7
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanboys View Post
I would look at OKW because the rooms are large. You could also look at THV because you would then have 3 bdrm's.
THV would work nicely if you don't mind being a bit far off from the resort's amenities. My family loved the treehouses at Saratoga Springs Resort. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The "Master" bedroom has its own bathroom, and the other 2 rooms share one. The second bedroom has a double bed, and the third room has bunk beds. The living room couch and chair are both sleepers. The THV sleeps 9.

OKW is a little cheaper than THV, and they also have a 2 bedroom that has a sleeper couch as well. So you and your girlfriend could have one bedroom, the boys could have the other bedroom, and the teen girl could sleep on the couch bed.

I don't think the family suites (like at AoA or all-stars Music) would work for your combination of people. It might be cheaper though to get 3 value rooms next to each other. That would provide 6 double beds. The two sets of siblings could each have a room, and you two could have a room.

Good luck! You'll have a great trip.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
this is probably your best bid.

in your situation would go for AKV or OKW - AKV standard - has 3 bathroom in their 2-bedroom. OKW has 2-bathrooms.

blt has 3 bathrooms in the 2-bedroom also - but it is expensive - even standard view is pretty high. if you go with BLT you want dedicated not lock out. lock out is a studio attached to a 1-bedroom - but the studios at BLT are tiny.

you want a dedicated then you get 2 queen beds in the second bedroom instead of a queen bed and double sleeper sofa.

in the living room is a queen sleeper sofa and chair bed - twin

the master has a king bed regardless.

standard view is much cheaper than savannah view - AKV.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #9
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

If you can afford it, I would get two rooms at a deluxe resort -- club level and request connecting rooms. That's what we did when we had 6 adults and one child in our party. We stayed at GF, but you could swing this very nicely at Wilderness Lodge, which would cost considerably less or you could even look into the new "executive" concierge level service at Coronado Springs resort which would come in at even a lower price. Wilderness Lodge also has rooms with bunk beds so your sister could have one of the rooms with her kids in the bunk beds.

At GF, there were real queen beds (rather than fold out sleeper sofas) for everyone to sleep in, plus we had two bathrooms, two TVs and we could close one room off if some people wanted to go to sleep and others wanted to watch tv for a while.

Club level is great for a group because some people can go get breakfast in the lounge while others are using the bathrooms to get ready. Plus, it's nice with a group to have a convenient spot to gather for breakfast, evening drinks and appetizers, etc.

I would do this rather than get a villa. The villas are very expensive and for the same price (or perhaps even less money) I would prefer the two rooms and club level services (which are particularly nice with teenagers as it gives them snacks through the day and a place to meet other teens).

I have slept with another adult (both of us not very big) on a pull out sofa at the Beach Club villas and it was terribly uncomfortable. So much so, that we checked out two days early and went back to Portofino Bay resort at Universal where we could all sleep in real queen beds.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
rnhager07
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by resiii
Hi

This year my GF and I would like to take our combined families to WDW and we have a little problem. I have two boys (14 and 18) and she has a girl (19) and a boy (13). We are trying to figure out the best way to fit everyone in hopefully 2 rooms or some kind of suite (cost may make this prohibitive).

My boys and I have been to disney every year but this will be her family's first trip so I want to stay on-site so they experience all the magic but I'm not sure what resort and/or room type would work best for us. I know I could just get two rooms, one per family, but I would rather not do that unless I have no other option.

Everyone gets along so that's not the issue however mixing girls and boys of different families in a room together doesn't seem like a good plan.

Any suggestions?
What about thevfamily suites at art of animation? Six of us stayed there last summer in a memo room, loved it. Check out you tube for room photos. Food court is great too!
rnhager07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The value family suites at ASMu and AoA will sleep 6 (although the space may be a bit tight for 6 Disney Adults. You would also have a 2nd bathroom and small kitchenette. Ft. Wilderness Cabins will hold all of you as well.

You could get 6 people into a couple of the Deluxe resorts, but I wouldn't want 6 people sharing one room and one bathroom. DVCs have multi bedroom villas, but would be at the high end of the price scale.

2 connecting or adjoining value or moderate rooms would not be that much more expensive than an AoA family suite, and would give you a second bathroom as well. The bonus with 2 rooms is that you would have a bit more privacy.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

They only place I have experience with is the fort wilderness cabins. The back bedroom has a set of bunkbeds and a full size bed and in the living room there is the full size wall bed and the couch. Boys could get the back room, girls in the living room. Plus you could stock up the full kitchen to feed all of those boys without going broke!!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #13
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
They only place I have experience with is the fort wilderness cabins. The back bedroom has a set of bunkbeds and a full size bed and in the living room there is the full size wall bed and the couch. Boys could get the back room, girls in the living room. Plus you could stock up the full kitchen to feed all of those boys without going broke!!
This definitely gives everyone the best sleeping arrangements. I also am a little biased to the Fort as we camped there at least once a year for the first 18 years of my life. Cant wait to move closer and take my family in a camper to the fort.

The other ideas of checking on renting DVC points for a 2 bedroom (or family grand villa or whatever they call it) is also a good option.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #14
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

We were upgraded to a suite at the CR...it was Garden Wing, last building next to lake, but we could see the fireworks and water parade. But, it had a king bed and full bath in 1 dedicated bedroom. It had a 6 person dining table, a queen sleeper sofa and 2 large bed- style sofas. Great space and 1 room, 2 full baths. 2 coffee makers, 2 refridges.
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD20 DD16 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 5/'14-DLParis- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
resiii
Earning My Ears

Thank you

Thank you all for the great ideas. I'll start looking into them right away. We've never stayed at WL before so that maybe fun since it will be new to everyone. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes

Thanks again
May 2007 - POP - Mom's First Time
Sept 2007 - POP / SSR - Free DDP Free Upgrade Aug/Sept 2008 - ASMus / POP - Free DDP #3 - First Split Stay
Aug 2009 - POP - Needed recovery - Free DDP #4 Aug 2010 - POP - Home in Time for Bad News - Aug 2011 - ASSport - Short but Sweet
Aug 2012 - ASSport & Celebration Hospital
resiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: