Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

Thinking of a convention at CSR, help

So I am an owner at orange lake, and visit the world every year, but stay offsite, only once staying inside with a dvc owner at Saratoga, during a weekend trip in December a few years back. I just learned of a youth ministry conference at CSR in September which would give me a bonus trip this year. The rooms come at a discount, and I don't think I would use a meal plan since some of our meals are included, but I am wondering about business class/level. What is the upgrade charge for that? Would I be able to upgrade from the convention rate?. Also what else should I look for or ask about, as a youth minister we really can't afford to stay insure, so this is a big opportunity for us, please help.
Wcpedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

Also what else should I look for or ask about, as a youth minister we really can't afford to stay insure, so this is a big opportunity for us, please help.[/QUOTE]

I meant to say onsite not insure
Wcpedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcpedorc View Post
So I am an owner at orange lake, and visit the world every year, but stay offsite, only once staying inside with a dvc owner at Saratoga, during a weekend trip in December a few years back. I just learned of a youth ministry conference at CSR in September which would give me a bonus trip this year. The rooms come at a discount, and I don't think I would use a meal plan since some of our meals are included, but I am wondering about business class/level. What is the upgrade charge for that? Would I be able to upgrade from the convention rate?. Also what else should I look for or ask about, as a youth minister we really can't afford to stay insure, so this is a big opportunity for us, please help.
Typically, when a group or convention goes to a Disney resort, they only negotiate rates on certain categories of rooms and then block them out for that group, so, if business class/level wasn't blocked out, you most likely cannot get it at a convention rate. If it is available, but not at a group rate, you could still book it at rack or other current discount rates.

I would simply call and ask what room categories are available at the group rate and what the rates are - that will help you determine your costs. You should also be able to get your park tickets at a discounted group rate.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: