Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Kids dining credits

I was reading something on the boards the other day and I need some clarification (also I can't find it again!) My son is 5 and has a huge appetite. He also does not always like the kids menu offerings. When we buy the dining plan and I go up to a qs counter, do I have to buy my child a kids meal off the kids menu or can I order him whatever? Does the computer see that I have two adults and 1 child and ordered three 'adult' meals?? Now that I think about it Casey's Corner at MK doesn't really have a 'kids' menu, you just get the same hot dog as everyone else. Thanks!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
ses1230
DIS Veteran

CS credits are not separated into adult/child like TS credits are. However Disney's rule is that a child must order off the children's menu when there is one available. You can make your own decision on what to do with that info since talking about going around Disney's rules are against board policy.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

As Disney's rule is a child age 3-9 must order from the children's menu as long as a restaurant has a children's menu, we don't allow discussion on the Restaurant board of doing anything else.

Yes, at places like Casey's that have no children's menu, children order from the regular menu just as adults do.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
tmmalave
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
As Disney's rule is a child age 3-9 must order from the children's menu as long as a restaurant has a children's menu,
I would add to this if you paid for the child prices on the DDP.

We chose to upgrade our daughter to an adult because of the limited menu options. So she was under 10, but because we paid as if she was over 10, we could order for her whatever she wanted.

In our case it was a special offer with no difference in price, but if I went back tomorrow I would upgrade her again, even if I had to pay the difference.
tmmalave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmalave View Post
I would add to this if you paid for the child prices on the DDP.

We chose to upgrade our daughter to an adult because of the limited menu options. So she was under 10, but because we paid as if she was over 10, we could order for her whatever she wanted.

In our case it was a special offer with no difference in price, but if I went back tomorrow I would upgrade her again, even if I had to pay the difference.
To upgrade a child you must list them as 10 years old on your reservation, so as far as Disney is concerned they are 10 and have the adult plan.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
To upgrade a child you must list them as 10 years old on your reservation, so as far as Disney is concerned they are 10 and have the adult plan.
If you do this though, does Disney then require your 3yo to pay adult ticket prices, as well? At least, if you have a package?

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(11) ~ Dd(9) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(3) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ Dd(1)

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabcassell View Post
I was reading something on the boards the other day and I need some clarification (also I can't find it again!) My son is 5 and has a huge appetite. He also does not always like the kids menu offerings. When we buy the dining plan and I go up to a qs counter, do I have to buy my child a kids meal off the kids menu or can I order him whatever? Does the computer see that I have two adults and 1 child and ordered three 'adult' meals?? Now that I think about it Casey's Corner at MK doesn't really have a 'kids' menu, you just get the same hot dog as everyone else. Thanks!
Your KTTW card will show 2A 1C on it. The CM at any restaurant will only let you order what the card says you have paid for, which is 2 adult meals and 1 child's meal. At any restaurant that does not have kids menu, you can order any three meals.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: