Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

When to book a room for Princess Half 2014

My sister and I are planning a trip for next year's Princess Half. We aren't planning on getting a package because we aren't planning on getting DDP or any park tickets. So, my question is, how far in advance can and should I book our room? I realize this is going to be a busy time and want to make sure we can get the resort we want.

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

You will get a room discount through rundisney, so whenever those discounts open up. You'll need to be registered for the race in order to get the discount codes.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

We know when the Princess 1/2 is 2/21-2/23 2014. Why not book now, and apply any discounts as they come up? I was thinking of doing the same thing for the Wine and Dine...

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

So, if I book before I register, can I still apply rundisney discounts? Are there specific hotels that fall under the discount?

Thanks so much for the info so far!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
So, if I book before I register, can I still apply rundisney discounts? Are there specific hotels that fall under the discount?

Thanks so much for the info so far!
No...you cannot apply the runDisney discounts later on. If you book a room now, it will be through the regular Disney reservations system. When you book with the runDisney discounts, it's a different division of reservations. You would have to cancel the first reservation and rebook with the runDisney discount/package. The runDisney discounts will be available at the host resorts for the race, which will be announced when the registration/travel details open for the race.

You don't have to use the runDisney package to be able to stay at a host resort. You don't even have to stay at a host resort, but then you won't get race transportation, if you have a car or want to use a taxi, or any other option for your own transporation, you can.
We have used both the runDisney sports packages/discounts (even if you use room only, they still call it a "package") and have booked on our own directly with Disney for all different races. You really need to price out all options to see which one works best for you with a best price. runDisney doesn't always have the best prices~ sometimes you can get a better price with a promotion Disney is offering.

Honestly, I wouldn't be in such a rush to book a year ahead necessarily. If you have your heart set on something, then that's ok, but just be aware that if you want to cancel and rebook or apply a discount, that option that you have may not be included, so you either have to be flexible and change, or pay the rack rate of what you really want.

I hope that helps somewhat and isn't too confusing.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
dminnie
DIS Veteran

Have the dates for 2014 been published yet? I couldn't find anything.
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: