Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
disneyfifs
Mouseketeer

Any advantage to buying tickets before arriving?

Hi, we are making a last minute trip to WDW and was wondering if I should buy our tickets online and hold them in will call or just buy when we check in at AoA? Is there any advantage to pre-purchasing? We are leaving on Feb. 13th. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Hootch
DIS Veteran

There can be a

benefit in price. Depending on the type of tickets you are buying you can save money from an authorized vendor. We usually save about $50 on the family's tickets. Not huge but the process is easy.

We have always used Undercover Tourist and have had good service. The thing to be concerned with is the timing. Most providers have an express shipping option but they would likely not be shipped until the 11th which probably isn't enough time. UT has a pick up option that is near Universal. That could me more hassle than you might want.

Some AAA offices have deals. I checked ours and the UT price was cheaper. AAA offers vary.

Actually, I just looked at the tickets I just bought and the savings was about $40/adult ticket.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Budgeting - we buy our WDW tickets from UT about 2 years in advance - then we book our resort 1 year in advance - then the $ savings begin.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
DisneyDreamer0610
Earning My Ears

we buy from ticketsatwork.com - right now they have a 7 day park hopper water park fun and more ticket for $345 a ticket...thats $45 off gate price! If you can't get access to ticketsatwork.com I would buy from disneyyouth.com (individual enrollment) and if that is booked and no more tickets...THEN I would resort to UT for my tickets...savings everywhere for tickets - I REFUSE to pay full price for tickets! Enjoy your last minute trip!
DisneyDreamer0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer0610
we buy from ticketsatwork.com - right now they have a 7 day park hopper water park fun and more ticket for $345 a ticket...thats $45 off gate price! If you can't get access to ticketsatwork.com I would buy from disneyyouth.com (individual enrollment) and if that is booked and no more tickets...THEN I would resort to UT for my tickets...savings everywhere for tickets - I REFUSE to pay full price for tickets! Enjoy your last minute trip!
So ticketsatwork is reputable ? We get discounts through them from my work and i have never used them so I was curious they have a 4 day park hopper with three extra days total 7!for 319 that would save us like 53 bucks
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #6
DisneyDreamer0610
Earning My Ears

Yeah! I bought our tickets through them...just be aware that they charge like $50 bux for taxes and shipping but if you are like us and buying 6 tickets...thats still saving us a TON of cash so it is definitely worth it!
DisneyDreamer0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
So ticketsatwork is reputable ? We get discounts through them from my work and i have never used them so I was curious they have a 4 day park hopper with three extra days total 7!for 319 that would save us like 53 bucks
We used them for SeaWorld tix a couple of years ago and had no problems. I always forget we get this through my work though--didn't even think of checking WDW park tix before our recent trip!
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: