Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
lucky4you
Earning My Ears

ice packs

I bought an insulated tote and ice pack for it. Last trip, there was wasted food (ex. yogurt) in parks because we didn't have anything to keep it cool in. They give you sooo much food on the dining plan. Well we leave in the morning and I'm just now relizing we don't have a way to keep the ice pack frozen. I read awhile back that the AOA LM rooms don't have a freezer part to the fridge. DH didn't realize (although I told him several times) that I wanted to bring the bag into the park. He thought it was just for the car trip. Even so, it won't hwlp us on the way home for drinks etc. Sure the hotel has ice. But, I don't think putting it in a ziplock will help me. We will be leaving parks for naps. Can anyone think of a solution for keeping things cool for me?
lucky4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4you View Post
I bought an insulated tote and ice pack for it. Last trip, there was wasted food (ex. yogurt) in parks because we didn't have anything to keep it cool in. They give you sooo much food on the dining plan. Well we leave in the morning and I'm just now relizing we don't have a way to keep the ice pack frozen. I read awhile back that the AOA LM rooms don't have a freezer part to the fridge. DH didn't realize (although I told him several times) that I wanted to bring the bag into the park. He thought it was just for the car trip. Even so, it won't hwlp us on the way home for drinks etc. Sure the hotel has ice. But, I don't think putting it in a ziplock will help me. We will be leaving parks for naps. Can anyone think of a solution for keeping things cool for me?
I was going to suggest freezing water bottles. Why can't you put the ice in ziploc bags? I would think that since you are going to leave the park for naps it should keep long enough to get the food back to your hotel.

We just brought a styrofoam cooler with us and used that at the hotel (when we didn't have a fridge) and used the ice from the hotel in ziploc bags to keep our food cool in the lunch tote.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
lucky4you
Earning My Ears

May have to try that. If nothing else, for the way home. Thanks for the suggestion. We won't be eating in the parks much anyway. And when we do, we will prob be leaving for the hotel right after. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

You are right, no freezer section. How about using a wide mouth water bottle filled with ice, much less leaking than a zip lock baggie and keep s about as long.
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
lucky4you
Earning My Ears

OK, where do I get one of these? What brand because I've never seen them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: