Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
EmmersIsTheMommy
Ew maybe the dolls dance all night. *shudder*
... and she shall be called Epic Emily (per Crush)

Where's the best Diet Coke in the park?

Sounds totally hilarious But seriously. Anyone a diet coke nut like I am and KNOW which place is best?

These are need to know things, people
Old 02-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

How could it be different?, its the same formula?

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
ParkHopper1
Mouseketeer

Same formula, but no two dispensers are often tuned the same. The ratio of concentrate/water/carbonation are manually adjusted by the technician setting up the machine and can vary. Unlike a can which is mixed at the factory, all the elements are mixed on site at a soda dispenser and the retailer receives a 5 gallon box of concentrate that can serve hundreds of drinks.

...ever get a watery coke at a restaurant...that is why.

Although with Coke's sponsorship, I would be willing to bet that the resorts dispensers are tuned the best they can be!
ParkHopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
Same formula, but no two dispensers are often tuned the same. The ratio of concentrate/water/carbonation are manually adjusted by the technician setting up the machine and can vary. Unlike a can which is mixed at the factory, all the elements are mixed on site at a soda dispenser and the retailer receives a 5 gallon box of concentrate that can serve hundreds of drinks.

Although with Coke's sponsorship, I would be willing to bet that the resorts dispensers are tuned the best they can be!
Thanks for the explanation. I do not drink pop/soda I thought I would ask. My wife drinks tons of diet pepsi(hijack) do you know where the closest place I can get a case, we are staying at the Grand.

Thanks

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
EmmersIsTheMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post

Ohhhhh thank you for the explanation! You said it way better than I could've LOL

Another good example..I even prefer canned Diet Coke to bottled diet coke.

Now, all that weirdness said, I'm not crazy picky..I just likes me a good Diet Coke haha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I do not drink pop/soda I thought I would ask. My wife drinks tons of diet pepsi(hijack) do you know where the closest place I can get a case, we are staying at the Grand.

Thanks

Jack
I hope someone has a good answer for this. As for if she needs a fix and you guys are checking for a place to eat outside the parks, Subway is nearby and serves Pepsi (At least all the ones here do) and my friend LOVES their pepsi
Old 02-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer

Awesome post. I am a Diet Coke nut as well, but never thought about which one was the best. I am always parched from running around DLR, so any Diet Coke is good to me. I just like Rancho De Zocalo and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port since you can get free refills!

Anderson
Headed to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort November 10-24, 2012. Check out my Tokyo Trip Report
Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder with Monthly trips, 2007 to 2012
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century) and hopefully Sept 2013
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
DisneylandPlanner
Mouseketeer

I do know normally the best ratio is at Mcdonalds, but in the park I go for Coke corner and I get cherry flavor added. I will be there on Saturday and right of the bat it will be having a Cherry Diet Coke and a churro. Can not wait!!!

Here you leave the world of
yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy
and enter today
DisneylandPlanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
pharmama
DIS Veteran

The carbonation/syrup mix and adjustment of individual fountain machines can vary quite a bit. I definitely have places where I really do or don't like their diet coke. I totally get what the OP is asking.

That said, I've not noticed any standout places (either positive or negative) at DLR.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Kind of related... Mr. Pibb is owned by Coke, right? I think I remember getting a Mr. Pibb at DTD once or twice, but I can't remember if they're anywhere in the parks? I really want Dr. Pepper, but that's obviously not happening, so I'm crossing my fingers for the next best thing. Does anyone know of any places in the parks that have it?

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
aulani2012
Earning My Ears

I was at DL and DCA about a month ago (i'm addicted to diet coke btw) Anyway...it was pretty good throughout the parks but absolutely horrible at the Cozy Cone Motel so I would avoid that one for drinks. It tasted like plastic - and no..i wasn't drinking out of a cone lol. My dh's Sprite was bad there three days later as well. I found myself buying a lot of 20 ouncers just to be safe after that.
have fun!
molly
aulani2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
EmmersIsTheMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulani2012 View Post
I was at DL and DCA about a month ago (i'm addicted to diet coke btw) Anyway...it was pretty good throughout the parks but absolutely horrible at the Cozy Cone Motel so I would avoid that one for drinks. It tasted like plastic - and no..i wasn't drinking out of a cone lol. My dh's Sprite was bad there three days later as well. I found myself buying a lot of 20 ouncers just to be safe after that.
have fun!
molly
Oh GROOOSSSSSSS LOL!

I was doing a lot of 20 ozers last time..they seem so perfectly cold in DL for some reason
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
AZlady
DIS Veteran

I am a Pepsi only fan and need my caffeine in DL!! Can I bring in a sealed 20 oz in my bag ???
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #13
EmmersIsTheMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlady View Post
I am a Pepsi only fan and need my caffeine in DL!! Can I bring in a sealed 20 oz in my bag ???
Yep! I understand completely too! If it was a Pepsi-land I'd have to bring in my own contraband too
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

I am a diet coke addict and I really like the diet coke at River Belle Terrace. For some reason it just tastes better than at other fountains in the park.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
sweethannah
Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlady
Absolutely. Sealed or unsealed, it doesn't matter so long as it isn't glass

May 14 - May 21 2014
Staying at the Howard Johnson
sweethannah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: